Schools for Michigan Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doghead

We make our own luck.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a resident of Michigan, what are the D.O. schools I should consider applying to, excluding Michigan schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe dmu, ccom, Marian if you want to stay in the Midwest? Depends on your numbers though

-Had an undergrad 3.0, just finished a post-bach 20 credits 4.0.
-Currently an ER Scribe.
-Little volunteer experience due to the fact that I care for my own disabled family member.
-Take the MCAT in June.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would see how the MCAT works out and just apply everywhere that doesn't have strong regional bias. And if your MCAT is good enough, maybe apply to those places anyway.

I would see how the MCAT works out and just apply everywhere that doesn't have strong regional bias. And if your MCAT is good enough, maybe apply to those places anyway.

This. All depends on your MCAT. Make a broad list and apply accordingly when you get your score.

I was advised to send out applications on June 1st to be competitively early, and then supplement my MCAT later once I received the score. Was this ill-advised then?

You should submit to MSUCOM first in order to verify your application early, then submit to other schools post-MCAT. You can't really build a good list until you have your results. I might also add Marian, LECOM-E, and DMU as they are less numbers oriented and you'll probably apply to all of them regardless of your score so long as it is a 24+.

Reactions: 1 user
You should submit to MSUCOM first in order to verify your application early, then submit to other schools post-MCAT. You can't really build a good list until you have your results. I might also add Marian, LECOM-E, and DMU as they are less numbers oriented and you'll probably apply to all of them regardless of your score so long as it is a 24+.

Appreciated advice Mad Jack, I will adjust accordingly.