schools that do not require MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cansnowflake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any schools in the US that do not require the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Not really I think all do now. If you don't have one you have basically no chance.

ti89 said:
Not really I think all do now. If you don't have one you have basically no chance.

i heard exceptions are made at some institutions if you hold a doctorate in a science.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you are going caribbean, you need it.

Only two exceptions that I'm aware of ...

1)some combined BS/MD programs that accept students directly from high school do not require the MCAT

2) I found this link:
The Texas A & M University System offers another admissions route that doesn't require MCAT scores. Applicants coming from areas of Texas with a shortage of medical services can become part of the Partnership for Primary Care Program. Participation in the program allows for the waiver of all MCAT requirements, provided the individual pledges to work in underserved areas upon graduation.
from here But I have yet to have that verified on their offical website. Maybe it was an older program as I can't find any current info on it.

SABA does not require MCAT

an interesting aside: for many md/jd programs, the lsat is not required for many applicants and can be substituted with the mcat.

glp said:
an interesting aside: for many md/jd programs, the lsat is not required for many applicants and can be substituted with the mcat.
Same goes with MBA programs (and most other joint programs that I'm aware of).

Looks like MCAT trumphs all!

cansnowflake said:
Are there any schools in the US that do not require the MCAT?
I've heard maybe two schools in the US don't require the MCAT, but they require the GRE or something. I don't know, I could be wrong.