Schools that I should Add/Remove?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RuffDay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I have been lurking through SDN for a really long time, but decided I should make an account now. I am a Texas resident, and I will be applying to both in-state and out of state schools. I will be a reapplicant when I apply this upcoming cycle.

The first time I applied, I only applied in state and was able to get an interview. Unfortunately, I didn't receive an acceptance yet and the whole class is already full. So, I just want everyone to check with the list of schools that I will be applying and if some needs to be removed or added. I don't mind how many schools I apply to as long as I get into one. I also took in consideration of which schools do not accept AP scores because I APed out of physics lab, but still took the main course. I am now considering schools that do not take AP credit because I will be taking community college physics lab or university during the summer before dental school.

My stats are:

Science and Overall: 3.5
DAT: AA 20/ TS 21/ PAT 17

I will be retaking the DAT and I am pretty positive that I can get at least a 21 AA.

Here are the list of schools that I am thinking of applying to, which I checked the ADEA book and most of these seems OOS friendly. I also added some outreach schools as well.

Detroit Mercy
A.T Still University
Midwestern Arizona
USC
UOP
Western
UCONN
LECOM
NOVA
Midwestern Illinois
University of Kentucky
University of Louisville
University of New England
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Missouri School of Dentistry
Buffalo
Case Western
Oklahoma
Temple
Tennessee Health Science
Roseman
VCU
Marquette
Creighton
NYU
Tufts
UNLV
Pitts

Please let me know what y'all think!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I have been lurking through SDN for a really long time, but decided I should make an account now. I am a Texas resident, and I will be applying to both in-state and out of state schools. I will be a reapplicant when I apply this upcoming cycle.

The first time I applied, I only applied in state and was able to get an interview. Unfortunately, I didn't receive an acceptance yet and the whole class is already full. So, I just want everyone to check with the list of schools that I will be applying and if some needs to be removed or added. I don't mind how many schools I apply to as long as I get into one. I also took in consideration of which schools do not accept AP scores because I APed out of physics lab, but still took the main course.

My stats are:

Science and Overall: 3.5
DAT: AA 20/ TS 21/ PAT 17

I will be retaking the DAT and I am pretty positive that I can get at least a 21 AA.

Here are the list of schools that I am thinking of applying to, which I checked the ADEA book and most of these seems OOS friendly. I also added some outreach schools as well.

University of Alabama
A.T Still University
Midwestern Arizona
USC
UCLA (Outreach)
UCSF (Outreach)
UOP
Western
UCONN
LECOM
NOVA
Midwestern Illinois
University of Kentucky
University of Louisville
University of New England
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Missouri School of Dentistry
Columbia (Outreach)
Buffalo
Case Western
Oklahoma
Temple
Tennessee Health Science
Roseman
VCU
Marquette

Please let me know what y'all think! Right now, that is 27 OOS schools. I just don't to be a reapplicant for the 3rd time! Thanks in advance.
Add University of Maryland. I would say, save your money and take off UCSF and UCLA. They accept a very low percentage of OOS (~1 to 5%). Your stats might not cut it, unless you get a 23-24 DAT score.

NYU....>NYU !!!! I can't scream any louder, lol! Heck you may even get in with a 17 PAT, but I do highly recommend a retake.
How's your volunteering/extracurricular activities hours, if you have lot of those, I suggest applying to ASDOH as well...

GL.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would take out Columbia and add Creighton instead. What's your RC score?

Thank you everyone for replying! I have been really stressing myself out since I am going be a reapplicant, and I know I just gotta push myself through to apply some out of state schools.

Add University of Maryland. I would say, save your money and take off UCSF and UCLA. They accept a very low percentage of OOS (~1 to 5%). Your stats might not cut it, unless you get a 23-24 DAT score.

Okay, I will be removing them. I added Maryland into the list! Thanks!!
NYU....>NYU !!!! I can't scream any louder, lol! Heck you may even get in with a 17 PAT, but I do highly recommend a retake.
How's your volunteering/extracurricular activities hours, if you have lot of those, I suggest applying to ASDOH as well...

GL.

Yeah, I am going to retake it and hopefully score a lot better for perceptual ability. I underestimated PAT when I was doing Crack DAT PAT, where I was always scoring a 19. As for my volunteers/extracurricular activities, they are really good. I held a few of leadership positions in a large university and have been volunteering throughout the four years. I'll add ASDOH as well for that reason. Thank you!

I would take out Columbia and add Creighton instead. What's your RC score?
Yeah, Columbia is my out reach school because I always dream into getting a prestigious school haha. I am going be realistic, so I will be adding Creighton instead. It wasn't that high, but it was a 20.

Thank you everyone for replying! I have been really stressing myself out since I am going be a reapplicant, and I know I just gotta push myself through to apply some out of state schools.

Okay, I will be removing them. I added Maryland into the list! Thanks!!

Yeah, I am going to retake it and hopefully score a lot better for perceptual ability. I underestimated PAT when I was doing Crack DAT PAT, where I was always scoring a 19. As for my volunteers/extracurricular activities, they are really good. I held a few of leadership positions in a large university and have been volunteering throughout the four years. I'll add ASDOH as well for that reason. Thank you!

Yeah, Columbia is my out reach school because I always dream into getting a prestigious school haha. I am going be realistic, so I will be adding Creighton instead. It wasn't that high, but it was a 20.
If you don't have over 400 volunteer hours don't bother applying to ASDOH. I had a similar thread a while back and I was told that. Most of the people accepted into ASDOH have 500+ volunteer hours from what I've seen through reading 20-30 threads on the school. I'm an Alabama state resident and I can tell you to not even waste your time and money applying to Alabama. 80% of its class is made of of in-state students. Last year only 13/62 of its students were OOS, and to add onto that all 13 were from bordering states (7 from Florida, 4 from Georgia, 1 from Tennessee, and 1 from Mississippi). You should replace them with Detroit Mercy. UDM accepted 62 OOS residents out of the total 144 spots it has available. Those are pretty good odds. To add onto that they were from all over the country and not just regional applicants. I'd have them on mine if I had taken microbiology already.

If you don't have over 400 volunteer hours don't bother applying to ASDOH. I had a similar thread a while back and I was told that. Most of the people accepted into ASDOH have 500+ volunteer hours from what I've seen through reading 20-30 threads on the school. I'm an Alabama state resident and I can tell you to not even waste your time and money applying to Alabama. 80% of its class is made of of in-state students. Last year only 13/62 of its students were OOS, and to add onto that all 13 were from bordering states (7 from Florida, 4 from Georgia, 1 from Tennessee, and 1 from Mississippi). You should replace them with Detroit Mercy. UDM accepted 62 OOS residents out of the total 144 spots it has available. Those are pretty good odds. To add onto that they were from all over the country and not just regional applicants. I'd have them on mine if I had taken microbiology already.

Thank you for the advice. I just realize that I can probably add schools that do not accept AP credit now because I can take physics lab at a community college before matriculation.

Thank you for the advice. I just realize that I can probably add schools that do not accept AP credit now because I can take physics lab at a community college before matriculation.
Watch out for schools that don't like CC credits too. When in doubt call the school directly.

Reactions: 1 user
Watch out for schools that don't like CC credits too. When in doubt call the school directly.

Thank you. Do you think that schools will accept me even if I have AP credit for Physics lab? I would just tell them that I am taking it over the Spring/Summer before matriculation?

Okay, I think this is my final school list. Let me know if there is any more I should add/remove. I am definitely will be taking physics lab at a community college so that I can fulfill my requirements.