Schools that take the retaken Classes grade vs schools that take the avg'ed grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlippinChink

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what schools take the averaged grade, if you retake a class, and they take the average between the two grades and the schools that just take the higher grade?

I'm just curious because my gpa is a 2.65. But if schools took the higher grades from those 7 classes I retook and calculated it into my gpa without the lower pre-retaken grades, my gpa would be 0.5 higher than it is right now bringing it to a 3.15gpa and my science gpa would change froma 2.1 to a 2.8. And I realize it would make a heck of a difference. I know I meet the minimum requirements with some schools, but do you think I have a chance if my pcat score is an 85? I'm actually retaking the pcat again in October, because I feel like I have a good chance at a 90. And I'll have a bachelors degree by next May. I'm really crossing my fingers that someone will accept me.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are applying to PharmCAS schools, the PharmCAS will automatically average the two grades. Hope that helps.

You can try looking at specific school's websites - sometimes they have their grades forgiveness policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ferris State in Michigan does this, except you cant' get below a 2.0 in any of the classes. If you get a 2.0 or higher, you can re-take a pre-rep without penalty.

University of Missouri-Kansas City has "academic forgiveness". They replace, not average.