"Science" LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted678432

What is considered a "science" professor when referring to LORs? Would an anatomy or physiology professor count, or are admissions generally trying to stay in the biology/chemistry departments?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on the school, some schools specify, others don't. For those that don't, I think any classes that'd fit under AADSAS's categorization of bio, chem, physics would work.

Reactions: 1 user
It really depends on the school, some schools specify, others don't. For those that don't, I think any classes that'd fit under AADSAS's categorization of bio, chem, physics would work.

Is it something I should email the school about, or something that should be on the email? After this year I'm straying away from the typical bio classes and doing endocrinology, immunology, etc., so it may be a problem if I can't get those letters from these classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it something I should email the school about, or something that should be on the email? After this year I'm straying away from the typical bio classes and doing endocrinology, immunology, etc., so it may be a problem if I can't get those letters from these classes.

@spressomfs take a look at the attachment in this thread. It has a breakdown by school answering your question very specifically. Each school is has its own unique guidelines. Read the thread for further information.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ds-letter-of-recommendation-requirements.817919/

@spressomfs take a look at the attachment in this thread. It has a breakdown by school answering your question very specifically. Each school is has its own unique guidelines. Read the thread for further information.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ds-letter-of-recommendation-requirements.817919/
Thank you for that list! If a class was not on this list, do you think I'd be able to email the school to see if they'd make an exception, or is this list pretty firm?

Thank you for that list! If a class was not on this list, do you think I'd be able to email the school to see if they'd make an exception, or is this list pretty firm?
The list looks a little dated. Doesn't include newer dental schools. I'd email them and ask about their current policy

@Gymgivitis makes a good point. @spressomfs I didn't realize the thread was from '11. I can't find an updated list anywhere. Best bet is to look at the websites of the schools you are interested in. Schools tend to be pretty firm on their letter requirements, but emailing and asking wouldn't hurt. Worst case scenario is they say "no, we can't make an exception".

Call and ask the schools. I got my chronic disease epidemiology professor to count as a biology letter

Call and ask the schools. I got my chronic disease epidemiology professor to count as a biology letter
Thats what I like to hear. I'm going to have a lot of those types classes so I'm hoping schools will let me do the same.