Science Prereqs for New MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cisel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Because I am planning on taking the MCAT in January, this will be my last semester of taking science prep classes for it. I have heard biochem is a must for the new MCAT, however I'm stuck with what other science class I should take. I've heard a lot about cell bio and genetics, but I'd really love everyone's advice and what you personally found helpful if you have already taken the new MCAT. Thank you in advance :)

I have already taken orgo 1 & 2, gen chems, bio 1 & 2.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I found some answers on another forum, but can't delete this! I will still take any advice you have though :). Thanks

Biochem goes a long way.

If you don't have time for it, just memorize your amino acids. What they look like, polar/nonpolar, acidic/basic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I plan on taking that no matter what, thank you :). I'm just not sure what class to take on top of that. Looking at other forums on here I see physiology and genetics are very helpful

Unfortunately due to my schedule I only have room for 1 on top of biochem

I found neurochem to be more helpful than genetics.

There may be a few questions on genetics that relate to bio 1 bio 2. Namely DNA/RNA transmission replication all of that jazz as well as viral vectors.

There was one explicit genetics question that asked the whole "recessive dominant what are the chances" but the info in order to answer it was buried in the passage. Low yield in my opinion compared to biochem and physio.