Science professors questions. So worried!! Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whataday

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just checked the UMich status. It says my two letters of science professors are not accepted!!! I called them and they said the science professors have to be the ones who taught you in a class!!!

One of my letter is from my boss who is a biology professor that I have been working with for three years. Another one is a chemistry professor who is my mentor and friend! Neither of them have taught me in a specific class. But we are doing/did science together!! So that doesn't count?!!!???

Does anybody know? Do I have to get another two letters from science teachers!! It is unfair for our non-trad students who have been working for a while.:(:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Just checked the UMich status. It says my two letters of science professors are not accepted!!! I called them and they said the science professors have to be the ones who taught you in a class!!!

One of my letter is from my boss who is a biology professor that I have been working with for three years. Another one is a chemistry professor who is my mentor and friend! Neither of them have taught me in a specific class. But we are doing/did science together!! So that doesn't count?!!!???

Does anybody know? Do I have to get another two letters from science teachers!! It is unfair for our non-trad students who have been working for a while.:(:mad:

That's an unfortunate situation. However, you have the answer to your question, from the people who know best (since you actually gave them a call): no, it does not count AND yes, you need to get some more letters from professors who taught you in a class. Sorry man.