Science requirements for certain schools.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foxhunter25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am needing to complete all my Science requirements before applying in 2013. What are the rules about those classes being online? I have found all of my Biology classes with labs online which would help a great deal. Any input?

Applying to:
Georgia
Auburn
Tuskegee
Mississippi State

Members don't see this ad.

What university are the classes offered through? Is it a major university or a University of Phoenix-type deal?

I am skeptical of offering Biology labs online...

Yes it is a four year, brick and mortar school. I have a friend taking one of the Biology classes now and she just dissected a pig in her online lab. Before the semester she went to the school and picked up the "lab" box with the tools and specimen for dissection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Georgia and Cornell (not on your list) will not accept labs that are taken online. I wanted to apply to Cornell, but I took my physics labs online and I would have had to retake them even though I took two labs each semester.

and she just dissected a pig in her online lab.

Wut?

AFAIK, most schools do not like online science courses. (The major exception being Animal Nutrition.)

I would suggest looking into a community college if you need to save money. Also, summer classes are incredibly useful if you are looking to save time.

GL