SCO vs Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sp4175

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am torn between Nova and SCO. I live in FL so Nova is an ideal option for me, but I know SCO has one of the best programs in the country. Memphis didn't really wow me when I went for my interview, so I think that's a big factor.

Any thoughts/input would be nice and appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a first year at NOVA, did you have any questions specifically about the program?

I am currently a first year at NOVA, did you have any questions specifically about the program?

How do you like Nova's faculty and staff? Are the profs cool or uptight?
Also would you say it's a big jump in terms of course load from university or more of a reasonable one?

Members don't see this ad :)
The faculty and staff are fantastic. They are super laid back and just want to help you grow and get better. Class wise, it will be like undergrad where some profs you go to lecture just to hear them talk and you really enjoy going. And others you won't, just like any other school. the whole class attendance thing they talk about during the tour doesn't actually happen. Lab wise, you get to know your doctors well and they are great when it comes to helping you in all your necessary skills. They have an excellent system to make sure every student gets one-on-one time with a Procter so they can help give you positive feedback.
I am a canadian, and have two degrees, so the school work in the first year is actually less then what I was expecting. NOVA is great at spacing things out class wise which allows you to gain information easily and not stress out too much. I think there was only one week where we had 3 midterms and it was a gong show, but besides that its sunny days studying at the pool :)

The faculty and staff are fantastic. They are super laid back and just want to help you grow and get better. Class wise, it will be like undergrad where some profs you go to lecture just to hear them talk and you really enjoy going. And others you won't, just like any other school. the whole class attendance thing they talk about during the tour doesn't actually happen. Lab wise, you get to know your doctors well and they are great when it comes to helping you in all your necessary skills. They have an excellent system to make sure every student gets one-on-one time with a Procter so they can help give you positive feedback.
I am a canadian, and have two degrees, so the school work in the first year is actually less then what I was expecting. NOVA is great at spacing things out class wise which allows you to gain information easily and not stress out too much. I think there was only one week where we had 3 midterms and it was a gong show, but besides that its sunny days studying at the pool :)

Thanks! That's great to hear. I'm actually a Torontonian applying to NOVA. Sunshine would be nice for a change:whistle: