Score reporting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do programs get our USMLE scores before the reporting date? Example took CS in July USMLE says the report date is Oct. 3rd. Will programs know the results before the reporting date or do they have to wait like the rest of us.

Members don't see this ad.

Do programs get our USMLE scores before the reporting date? Example took CS in July USMLE says the report date is Oct. 3rd. Will programs know the results before the reporting date or do they have to wait like the rest of us.

Common sense says programs get information like we do from the NBME and therefore would find out the score when you retransmit the transcript over.

on ERAS is says they can receive the score before you do, I believe

Interesting, I read that on the website. Question was my friend and I both took CS the same day. Her in Chicago and me in LA. Her USMLE transcript was updated yesterday a good 2 weeks before the scheduled Oct. 3rd report date.

Interesting, I read that on the website. Question was my friend and I both took CS the same day. Her in Chicago and me in LA. Her USMLE transcript was updated yesterday a good 2 weeks before the scheduled Oct. 3rd report date.
It depends what you mean by "updated". If in ADTS it says it was "updated", that's meaningless.

We get your score when you do. We can get it "earlier" only if we check our mail before you check yours, I believe.

I took mine in July in Chicago...here's to hoping I get my score early as well after reading about your friend! Not that it will really make much difference at this point knowing earlier than Oct. 3, but just something else to be off my mind :)

hmm... i took mine mid-June in Houston and haven't gotten mine yet... just want the "pass" so it can be off my mind.

Quick question: It is my understanding that if I take step 2 after sept 15, then the scores won't automatically get released to the programs. Is this correct? If so, when the scores do become available do you have the option of selectively releasing it to certain programs or do you have to release it to all?

Quick question: It is my understanding that if I take step 2 after sept 15, then the scores won't automatically get released to the programs. Is this correct? If so, when the scores do become available do you have the option of selectively releasing it to certain programs or do you have to release it to all?

I think when you choose to retransmit it goes to all.

I think you can choose which programs to retransmit to, and can pick and choose.

There is nothing magical about Sept 15. If your score comes back after the date you've applied, then it won't be automatically sent to programs unless you chose that option.