Score Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

provigil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you still have to maintain your primary license once you have done score transfer in another state?

Members don't see this ad.

No, a score transfer entitles you to have the license as a "license by examination" a primary license. I would strongly recommend it if you intend on being licensed in multiple states at once.

Keep an Alaskan license for retirement (50 years and free fishing and hunting). It's a dream...

I don't know about other states, but in CA you can maintain your license, but request it be put on "inactive" status. In that way...you don't have to continue to submit CE, but you have the ability to reactivate it when you want by just taking the law portion.

Thank you both of your responses are helpful. I did some more reading and survey and found that in texas score transfer is valid 2 years. Does any one know if there are other states who allow score transfer to be valid for more than one year.

"Once you transfer your NAPLEX score to New York, it is kept on file for a period of five years."

Sincerely,

NYS Board of Pharmacy
89 Washington Ave., 2nd Floor West
Albany, NY 12234
Phone: 518-474-3817 ext 130
Fax: 518-473-6995
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.op.nysed.gov

Above is the response I got from NYS for my question on, score transfer validity period to get licensed in NYS. Could
any one confirm it ? Does that mean, If I did score transfer in Jan 2007 then I have until Jan 2012 to get licensed in NYS based on that score transfer. Please feel free to add your confirmations for remaining states.

For other states
CT 1 Year
MD 1 Year
NYS 5 Years
TX 2 Years
OH 1 Year