Scored higher than 90th percentile on PCAT? Post here.

https://medlinkanesthesia.com/
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xcvbvcfgh

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
nothing

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am looking for people to study with for the PCAT. I want to study with those who have scored at least a 90th percentile on the PCAT within the last two years. If this is you, I am offering $50 per hour consultation over the phone. Please email me if you are interested. I will then email you my telephone number so we can begin chatting. I will be taking my 2nd PCAT exam in June of this year. Email is: [email protected].

The sections for which I am good at are the chemistry/math. I am the worst at verbal/reading. Email me. Thank you.

Thanks.

Hey, don't pay anybody to tutor you. I scored a 95 composite on my PCAT with scores of 98, 96, & 95 on verbal, bio and reading respectively. The bio is something that you can study for. Get a PCAT or MCAT study guide (preferably both) and study the bio sections. As for the verbal and reading comp, they're a bit harder to study for. The reading comp practice tests can help out somewhat but both of these areas test your command of language and communication - something that is not easy to study for. About the only advice that I can give you is to memorize the meanings of roots of words instead of all of the individual words that you possibly can. The odds, afterall, of studying the correct words for the verbal section are astronomical. Find a listing of the most common root words of the english language and memorize those and you'll be in good shape,

If you want to pay someone, pay for a Kaplan course.

Members don't see this ad :)
99%ile here
while your offer looks attractive, i couldnt in good conscience take it cause i know my services arent worth that much. Go spend your money on a kaplan or princeton review course, those things will do you much more good than any one person here can do you

I would help but my rate is $51/hr. You were so close!

Seriously, buy a GRE verbal prep book.

92 percentile. i used a barron's book... 3 days before. its not difficult, just make sure you pay attention in your pre-req classes.

hey ... I did very well on the pcat ... but the advice that I, or anyone else can give you over the phone, is not worth $50 per hour ...

my advice to you is this: study hard for the next month and a half on your own -- you're the only person that is going to have any idea of exactly what you need to improve on ... if you still don't do well on the June exam, then plan on taking the August or October exam, maybe take a PCAT class, get a private tutor (I recommend not getting someone to tutor you over the phone), and work hard to improve your weaknesses ...

personally I think paying for a phone tutor will be a waste of your time and money ...

91st percentile, and I'll be teaching for Kaplan this summer. My advice, is to either take a course like Kaplan if you have that kind of money, or google PCAT and download as many full length practice tests as possible. Most aren't exactly like the real deal, but they do help in ways that talking on the phone will never be able to do.

Practice tests, under timed conditions, until you're blue in the face. That's how your score goes up.

91st percentile, and I'll be teaching for Kaplan this summer. My advice, is to either take a course like Kaplan if you have that kind of money, or google PCAT and download as many full length practice tests as possible. Most aren't exactly like the real deal, but they do help in ways that talking on the phone will never be able to do.

Practice tests, under timed conditions, until you're blue in the face. That's how your score goes up.
What are the requirements to become a Kaplan instructor? Do you have to have a certain PCAT score? Have graduated? Prior experience?

What are the requirements to become a Kaplan instructor? Do you have to have a certain PCAT score? Have graduated? Prior experience?

Above the 90th percentile, while they prefer you to be above 95th. I teach the chemistry section primarily, which I scored in the 99th percentile.

Graduation doesn't matter, but prior teaching experience is definetly a plus, because the people taking the class are from all walks of life dishing out lots of money, and expect you to know your stuff. Plus it makes you way more confident getting in front of a group of people and talking about science that's probably completely made up anyway.

Agreed. Buy a prep book and study. Although I think that it's very hard to study for the verbal and reading sections. The GRE vocab books would be overpreparing, because honestly, the vocabulary on the PCAT were words you've probably seen/used before.

Or you can be like me and just do well on the Math, Chemistry and Biology sections (and not even top notch: 99, 92, 93) to make up for your reading comp and verbal sections (70s and 80s), and still get a 96 overall :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 98 on the pcat last about 7 month ago in oct 06. Its still fresh in my mind but i wouldent even now how to tutor someone over the phone. I took the kaplan review and studied everyday for 1 1/2 months going over everything they gave me and i took practice test after practice test. Just getting use to answering the questions. Thats what it took for me.

99% here

I paid for a Kaplan course (hey, I had been out of school for 6 years!) and studied daily for a month.

There are tons of available PCAT study resources available online.

really, the hardest part, I think, is finishing the math and Chemistry calculations while under the time crunch. practice that...ALOT

dont use the courses. i spent a week with the kaplan book and i got a 98. the course just forces you to muck through stuff you already know before you learn anything and on top of that they charge you too much for what you do learn.

i got a 98 and would love to take up your offer because i tutor anyways, but i don't know how effective learning over the phone would be for you. you'd need someone to actually be there to draw/write stuff out for you to really teach...

I got a 98 in october. The only book I bought was a $9.95 flashcard book from REA that I got at books-a-million the week before. Seriously though, it's a good book, some of the questions were almost identical to the PCAT.

hi could you help me with the chemistry section or give me some advice. Did you get into the program, I've tried for about four years now and still no luck. Please give me any information.