Scores on practice exams npte 2015 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

08machine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey So I haven't seen a thread about this since 2013. But can anyone share experience regarding scores on the various practice exam tests vs. the real NPTE.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been using 2 different sources for my tests and have taken 6 practice NPTE tests thus far. I used the target scores from a prep book and what I found online. The tests are arranged chronologically. I rushed the first O'Sullivan(dumb) but otherwise these represent how I am doing. I started hitting the target scores but not much better and feel like I am making very little progress and am getting a bit frustrated. Hope this gives you some information. I would love to hear if someone out scored simillarly or felt the same way and how they ended up doing on the actual NPTE. Thanks
PS I'm taking the PEAT tommorrow.
upload_2015-7-15_21-6-53.png

I can't use the psychometrics of PEAT, O'Sullivan and PT EXAM test because i have taken those exams numerous times before when I was studying my boards in the Philippines. The only exam I have taken for my preparation for this July's NPTE that I hadnt taken before is the Online advantage of Scorebuilders.I took it this week and I got 85.5% and 88.5% for the online advantage 1&2 respectively on my first take. Which I hope tells that i'm prepared for next week's exam.

I've probably overdone it on the practice tests, but we took the academic Scorebuilders through school, I took all six exams offered by both Scorebuilders and O'Sullivan, bought the Online Advantage tests, and the PEAT tests. I have the retired PEAT left, but I really feel like taking the tests has helped me keep a continual benchmark of where my weaknesses are. I took them basically in the order that I listed them, except I alternated Scorebuilders and O'Sullivan. My scores have been:
Academic version: 73.5%; Scorebuilders: 65%, 69%, and 77%; O'Sullivan: 69.5%, 71%, and 74.5%; Online Advantage: 83% and 80%; and PEAT practice exam: 79.5% last weekend. I guess we'll see how I do on the real thing. It's all a mind game at this point.

I only studied/took O'sullivan. My scores in the order I took the tests are: O'sullivan practice exams - 68% (test A), 75% (test B), 67% (test C); PEAT - 86% (retired), 85% (practice). I took the most recent July NPTE and got an 800/800 (Still trying to figure it out because I felt HORRIBLE when I finished!).

Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry about your practice exam scores. I've seen people do really well on the PEAT and barely pass the NPTE and vice versa. I did mediocre on the PEAT and got 80% on the NPTE. In general, PEAT is a little harder than the NPTE, the NPTE Practice Exam is a little easier, O'Sullivan exams make you feel stupid, and Scorebuilders makes you feel smart. The important thing is to analyze your wrong answers so you can figure out why you're answering questions incorrectly. Hard questions are actually simple most of the time.

Reactions: 1 user