Scrambling Support

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I landed a retail job. I contacted them to get the ball rolling on starting soon. After next week, I'm going to contact some hospitals and try to get a staff position. There's an opening at one place I recently rotated and my preceptor was rooting for me to get a job there, so maybe I can make it work.

you got the job offer before passing the boards?

yeah I'm thinking of applying for hospital positions (although I still need to pass the boards). If I can't get a hospital position, then I will try to land a retail position. Good thing I have this last rotation block off....so I can have time to figure out my future.

Members don't see this ad.

you got the job offer before passing the boards?

yeah I'm thinking of applying for hospital positions (although I still need to pass the boards). If I can't get a hospital position, then I will try to land a retail position. Good thing I have this last rotation block off....so I can have time to figure out my future.

Yeah. Lots of retail places offer jobs with the expectation that you're going to get licensed soon after you graduate.

I landed a retail job. I contacted them to get the ball rolling on starting soon. After next week, I'm going to contact some hospitals and try to get a staff position. There's an opening at one place I recently rotated and my preceptor was rooting for me to get a job there, so maybe I can make it work.

NICE!! I bet that first paycheck will feel pretty nice. Hopefully you get that hospital job! Rooting for ya!!

Members don't see this ad :)
NICE!! I bet that first paycheck will feel pretty nice. Hopefully you get that hospital job! Rooting for ya!!

It'll make me a little less sad about how everything went. :smuggrin:

Thank you! I'm rooting for everyone here too. I hope you guys get a spot or find a job that you at least enjoy! :)

For CAs scrambling, my classmate just got the San Diego spot, so one less.Maybe post if you hear news regarding programs.

I am trying to scramble into 3 programs in NYC area, anyone heard from them ?

I feel the same way. For two years in a row, I have not matched. Unsure where to go from this point. FYI the spot at the university of Utah has been filled.
May I ask how you know this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a rejection email this morning saying they had selected who they would interview out of the 87 applications they received.
Wow, 87 applications.

Ok, thanks for your help!

I submitted my application on monday morning, but one of my reference could not submit till yesterday. So I am assuming my application was "incomplete" till yesterday. I have not heard anything back from any programs. Now that I have everything ready, should I apply more. At this point is it too late even to apply.

I submitted my application on monday morning, but one of my reference could not submit till yesterday. So I am assuming my application was "incomplete" till yesterday. I have not heard anything back from any programs. Now that I have everything ready, should I apply more. At this point is it too late even to apply.

Sorry you were unable to get things in earlier. To be honest, I do think it's late in the game to submit applications today. If you feel it's worth a shot, go for it. However, I would save my money if I were you.

Sorry you were unable to get things in earlier. To be honest, I do think it's late in the game to submit applications today. If you feel it's worth a shot, go for it. However, I would save my money if I were you.

Thanks for your feedback. I might just try again next year. I lost complete hope in this. Needless to say, I am still annoyed my preceptor could not upload earlier. I do understand he had other things to work on.

Thanks for your feedback. I might just try again next year. I lost complete hope in this. Needless to say, I am still annoyed my preceptor could not upload earlier. I do understand he had other things to work on.

No problem. A lot of people here submitted Monday right when it opened and still haven't heard much, so I didn't want you to waste your money.

I understand the feeling. I've been really bummed these past few days with not getting much of a response for anything. I'm about ready to throw in the towel and just move on soon. Keep your head up though. They say everything happens for a reason.

Had a phone interview for kingsbrook. My friend had an interview at Beth Israel.

Beth Israel I didn't apply to, too far from my house. Thanks for letting me know Kingsbrook is interviewing.

We the NYC people should have a get together and a drink after all this stress.

I agree, I interviewed with Lenox Hill hosptal and St. Luke's-Roosevelt so awaiting final word sometime next week...I am crossing my fingers for good news. Either way I am in NY right now so we should def get a drnk after all ths haha

Beth Israel I didn't apply to, too far from my house. Thanks for letting me know Kingsbrook is interviewing.

We the NYC people should have a get together and a drink after all this stress.

Did any fellow scramblers apply or hear anything from the following residencies: st Vincent's, university of Toledo medical center, Baylor medical center, west Florida hospital, Lu's Shreveport, st Joseph's atlanta, or memorial Herman southwest? Thanks.

Did any fellow scramblers apply or hear anything from the following residencies: st Vincent's, university of Toledo medical center, Baylor medical center, west Florida hospital, Lu's Shreveport, st Joseph's atlanta, or memorial Herman southwest? Thanks.

I applied to pretty much all those programs on your list and haven't heard anything from anyone.

I had a phone interview with Toledo yesterday. The only other place on the list I applied to was Baylor and I haven't heard anything.

Never saw the scramble list so not sure how many open spots they had but Baylor filled one scramble spot already.

Not sure if their secretary was messing with me, but when I called (on Tuesday) she said the program director just quit to take a better job.

True story?

KINGBSROOK filled both of their positions FYI. They emailed me to let me know. Hopefully it's some of you guys, then congrats !

I been having a fun weekend keeping my mind off the stress. Only applied to three places, guess it's 2 now.

I agree, I interviewed with Lenox Hill hosptal and St. Luke's-Roosevelt so awaiting final word sometime next week...I am crossing my fingers for good news. Either way I am in NY right now so we should def get a drnk after all ths haha

did they tell you when they'll release the news for both of those ? I still haven't heard from St. Luke's, not sure if they already chosen their residents.

Today is the 1st. I have to commit to job interviews on Friday within the next couple days through a career fair organized by school, not sure what do to.

va greater los angeles is filled. lenox hill is filled. baylor is filled

Update: Memorial Herman Southwest:filled
Moses Cone NC: already sent out invites/rejection
Please post any others if you have them

Update: Memorial Herman Southwest:filled
Moses Cone NC: already sent out invites/rejection
Please post any others if you have them
Bummer...I haven't heard anything at all and I applied to most of these places. I also applied to UCLA Ronald Reagan which I haven't heard but they are off the list of availability as of today

Loma Linda told me they would be offering interviews over the next couple weeks. Still haven't heard anything from Children's Hospital in Nebraska.....

Sarasota Memorial sent out/may still be sending out interviews last week friday

va greater los angeles is filled. lenox hill is filled. baylor is filled

Lenox Hill is filled, how do you know may I ask ? Anyone got it here ? I just interviewed with them last week, waiting to hear back.

I just want to encourage everyone that is scrambling. I applied for a residency position 4 TIMES! This time around (the 4th time), I was blessed to match. I know how everyone is feeling and have thought the same thoughts. If you really want it, go for it again next year. Keep your heads up high and know that you all are intelligent and capable. What kept me applying was my faith in God and I knew he was able to help me in my quest. Winston Churchill once said, "success is being able to go from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Stay positive everyone and good luck! :)

I just want to encourage everyone that is scrambling. I applied for a residency position 4 TIMES! This time around (the 4th time), I was blessed to match. I know how everyone is feeling and have thought the same thoughts. If you really want it, go for it again next year. Keep your heads up high and know that you all are intelligent and capable. What kept me applying was my faith in God and I knew he was able to help me in my quest. Winston Churchill once said, "success is being able to go from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Stay positive everyone and good luck! :)
Wow that quote is inspirational. I commend your determination applying 4 times.

It is so hard for me and I'm sure others to stay positive in this life especially when things don't work out like you wanted it too. I'm trying to learn to stop being so pessimistic.

I matched this year which was my first time applying due to personal reasons even though I graduated last year. I went through many moments of depression,doubt, and just feeling like a failure in the past year since graduation. But hearing stories like yours remind me that many people go through struggles and you have to just keep on persevering :)

Sarasota Memorial sent out/may still be sending out interviews last week friday
i haven't heard from sarasota, regardless I'm not sure I want to do inpatient anymore.

I'm always excited by the AMOUNT i learn during inpatient, but not HOW i learn it.

St. Vincent's is filled. Waterbury is still looking at applications.

University of Montana has filled their spots as well.

I interviewed with them last wednesday and they told me I should hear something back from them by wednesday this week. Lenox hill s definitely filled as I interviewed but unfortunately was not chosen...

did they tell you when they'll release the news for both of those ? I still haven't heard from St. Luke's, not sure if they already chosen their residents.

Today is the 1st. I have to commit to job interviews on Friday within the next couple days through a career fair organized by school, not sure what do to.

I interviewed with them last wednesday and they told me I should hear something back from them by wednesday this week. Lenox hill s definitely filled as I interviewed but unfortunately was not chosen...

But how so you know it's filled ? I mean have they announced it who got it ?

Honestly that I don't know for Lenox Hill and you're right I can't assume. I just know the email I received this morning from them stated they had over 50 applicants and that after I interviewed with them I was not offered a position. My only other chance for a NY residency is with St. Luke's as I hope to hear from them by wednesday...

But how so you know it's filled ? I mean have they announced it who got it ?

I had a phone interview for Hahnemann today and an onsite for next week. They intend to fill their position by April 12

St. Joseph East - "We have filled the position. Sorry."
MCPHS/HVMA - "Thank you for your interest, but I have filled the position."
Geisinger Medical Center - "We have now filled our positions for this residency year."
Providence Tarzana Medical Center - "The position has been filled."

Got a phone interview with St. David's South Austin Medical Center for later this week.

I had a phone interview for Hahnemann today and an onsite for next week. They intend to fill their position by April 12

Goodluck to you! I am glad to know that places are still revewing applicants and are least keeping us updated as to when they plan to fill there positions.