Scrambling Support

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to you Goldfish. If you don't want to do retail, look for a hospital job or whatever else it may be that interests you. There are still jobs out there. Umm, maybe not a lot (don't want to bring too much optimism to this board ;)) but there are still some out there.

Thank you! I'm trying to look for staff positions. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one. Just the thought of being stuck doing retail kind of depresses me. I don't enjoy it at all. I will be okay doing it, but sigh, not what I wanted for myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! I'm trying to look for staff positions. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one. Just the thought of being stuck doing retail kind of depresses me. I don't enjoy it at all. I will be okay doing it, but sigh, not what I wanted for myself.

I think you of all people deserve a residency..you've been so supportive to everyone during match and scramble. The programs are missing out!

Will you be reapplying next year? I'm rooting for you!!

I think you of all people deserve a residency..you've been so supportive to everyone during match and scramble. The programs are missing out!

Will you be reapplying next year? I'm rooting for you!!

Thank you! :) That's kind to say, but I know there's a ton of great applicants out there. I know some things aren't meant to be and hopefully everything played out the way it did for a reason.

I'm not sure if I'll be reapplying next year. I thought for sure I would, but maybe I'll be enjoying what I'm doing and won't want to when the time comes again. Thanks so much for your support, and congrats on getting a position! I'm happy to hear someone was able to be successful with this hectic new scrambling process! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Loma Linda filled their two spots. Got an email today from them. Just thought you guys should know. I have already scrambled into a position elsewhere. Good luck ya'll!

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything from st Luke's? I'm still waiting...

Hello,

I am still waiting too ! I'm so nervous but trying to stay calm. I actually visitied last week since I am in NY and the director told me they are still reviewing applicants. I wonder how many they interviewed? What state are you in?

Anyone heard anything from st Luke's? I'm still waiting...

[Thank you! Congrats on scrambling, I know you are relieved! :)

QUOTE=rycetrix;13910282]Loma Linda filled their two spots. Got an email today from them. Just thought you guys should know. I have already scrambled into a position. Good luck ya'll![/QUOTE]

Hello,

I am still waiting too ! I'm so nervous but trying to stay calm. I actually visitied last week since I am in NY and the director told me they are still reviewing applicants. I wonder how many they interviewed? What state are you in?[/QUOTE

Never mind st Luke's emailed me this morning, spots have been filled :(

Hello,

I am still waiting too ! I'm so nervous but trying to stay calm. I actually visitied last week since I am in NY and the director told me they are still reviewing applicants. I wonder how many they interviewed? What state are you in?[/QUOTE

Never mind st Luke's emailed me this morning, spots have been filled :(

Same here, all is well girl, we should stay positive as The best opportunity will arise :)

Waiting to hear back from two interviews...Sigh. Positive thoughts everyone! :)

Well guys, I got offered a position. :)

Thank you all for the support that was given!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone! I wish I could go to the beach, but that's at least a 5 hour drive. :p

Thanks everyone! Ah, this whole thing has been so so so stressful, but I'm happy it's over with. Now, time to worry about starting! :D

I'm glad I stuck in there too. :laugh:

I got a rejection during lunch and felt so defeated and then got an email saying I got the spot! :D

Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown was just approved to add two PGY-1 residency positions.

Well congrats to everyone again who matched this year or scrambled and wishing you good luck and lots of support in the upcoming year :))) :)

I ended up getting rejected after my interview. So broken hearted with broken spirit. Family ragging on me too, how much money I spent going to CSHP/ASHP and apps, so kind of in a bad place right now emotionally. Hope things turn out better.

Well congrats to everyone again who matched this year or scrambled and wishing you good luck and lots of support in the upcoming year :))) :)

I ended up getting rejected after my interview. So broken hearted with broken spirit. Family ragging on me too, how much money I spent going to CSHP/ASHP and apps, so kind of in a bad place right now emotionally. Hope things turn out better.

Good Luck! Don't give up! I hope you find an inpatient staff position or something you will enjoy :)

UESGirl, don't let your fam. rag on your about those finances. You took a calculated risk in investing that money into a residency. That money is way better "gambled" on the residency venture than buying a car, clothes or any other material thing that will not further your career in the end. When you invest your money in education/building your career, it is not money wasted.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Family can be hard sometimes, especially when most people are in jobs and not professional careers. As long as you consistently display your added value through results, you'll land a desirable spot at some point.

Hey guys I am not sure if this is the right or not to post this. But I was wondering where do you guys search for or how do you find unaccredited residencies that are still available. Thanks for your help!

. I believe we do as you said get everything together and submit Monday.
9.jpg

:confused:

Me too....I'm REALLY surprised about some of the institutions. I have a gut feeling a lot of them where underwhelmed with who they interviewed with, didn't rank many, and decided an outstanding scramble applicant would bubble up.

Also, for those considering applying to a place that rejected them...I would avoid doing so, it's a waste of time on both ends. The reason they didn't put you on their list still exists some how, nothing changes on their end.

If you did not have an interview opportunity with a program and they happen to pop up on the scramble list, would you consider reapplying then? Or would you say your above statement still applies?

Another question: Because I have not had any interviews - and therefore will not be participating/cannot participate in the match, obviously - I have read that I need to "withdraw" from the match by March 7, 2014; however, I will still be able to see what is available in the scramble when that is made available through PHORCAS...is this correct? I am just concerned about the word "withdraw" and what that will mean for my application...

If you did not have an interview opportunity with a program and they happen to pop up on the scramble list, would you consider reapplying then? Or would you say your above statement still applies?

you don't have anything to lose by applying
again. maybe they didn't extend an interview because they only interview 14 applicants and you were 16th on their list

again. maybe they didn't extend an interview because they only interview 14 applicants and you were 16th on their list

Positive thoughts; I like that. Hmm...Well, I have still got a couple weeks, but it's looking like the scramble is in my near future.

I agree with this statement. If you interviewed somewhere, didn't match, and they have an open spot then I wouldn't apply there again. If you never interviewed, apply again.

If you withdraw, you can still scramble.

I agree with this statement. If you interviewed somewhere, didn't match, and they have an open spot then I wouldn't apply there again. If you never interviewed, apply again.

If you withdraw, you can still scramble.

a program near me ended up scrambling a spot or two, and ended up picking someone they had interviewed but didn't match with. obviously, none of us know the full story but miracles/exceptions happen

This actually happened to me last year. In my very limited experience/understanding....a lot of the scramble is for "internal candidates" (i.e. people who applied, but didn't get an interview due to lack of spots or worth of mouth). I didn't receive an interview from a very large academic medical center last year, but applied to them in the scramble. I received an onsite interview shortly thereafter. So based on my limited n=1, yes.....can't hurt anyways....maybe your pockets.

Anyone else expecting to participate in the scramble? Wonder how it will go this year. The insanely high number of applicants for the small number of spots last year was frightening.

Haven't even certified ranks yet lol. I'm hoping not to scramble :/

Really hope I don't have to scramble again. I got a lot of positive feedback during interviews that made me feel like I'm a good candidate. My answers felt more elegant this year if that makes sense but I feel like there are probably so many excellent candidates out there that it's going to be rough. I got 4 out of 8 interviews. 3 went really well. 1 didn't feel that great, but we'll see.