ScribeAmerica Tests/Exams/Quizzes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookiesream

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I start training with ScribeAmerica soon, and the coordinator told us we have to pass (at least 90%) an introductory test of medical terms before we can actually start.

Does anybody here have any experience about how hard this test actually is, and what kind of questions will be on there? It sounds so intimidating!

Members don't see this ad.

I went through MSS and they had the same sort of intro tests/online stuff. I just went through and printed out all their vocab/definitions and took notes on the guidelines for certain documentation and the billing stuff. I saved all my notes and stuff and used them for the online exams. My instructor also let us use them for the in class exams.

I'm not sure how your scribe location works, but I know that many people actually get fired for not surpassing the stated minimum requirements. My scribe instructor was nice so he didn't let anyone fail, but he said that most other scribe locations are not as flexible or lenient.

Take good notes, but don't focus on memorization unless you actually have an in class exam. Also, most of the other scribes I work with complained that the online coursework and tests, at this point, are completely useless, and you learn more at the on the job (bedside) training sessions. I am more neutral in my opinion of the material.

Hi! I start training with ScribeAmerica soon, and the coordinator told us we have to pass (at least 90%) an introductory test of medical terms before we can actually start.

Does anybody here have any experience about how hard this test actually is, and what kind of questions will be on there? It sounds so intimidating!
I did ScribeAmerica specifically. They're really not that bad. They give you a list of things, you memorize them, you regurgitate them on the exam. No thinking required.

Won't help you a damn bit when it comes to being a good scribe, but that's SA's problem, not yours!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did ScribeAmerica specifically. They're really not that bad. They give you a list of things, you memorize them, you regurgitate them on the exam. No thinking required.

Won't help you a damn bit when it comes to being a good scribe, but that's SA's problem, not yours!
Ditto. Memorize the terms they give you, and you'll be fine.

thanks!!!! so what kind of tests are they? multiple choice? matching? fill in the blank?

oh nice! last question haha! how do they test the abbreviations? there are so many

oh nice! last question haha! how do they test the abbreviations? there are so many
What do you mean? They put the abbreviation and ask you what it means, or vice versa.

It's usually fill in the blank, meaning you have to know the spelling as well. That was the most difficult part for me. Good luck bro.