ScribeAmerica Time commitment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PooshBag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I realize that ScribeAmerica requires a time commitment of two years part time or one year full time. I am a junior now. I would prefer to work part time, since I am a full time student, but I only have an availability of one year before matriculating (hopefully in 2017 w/o a gap year).

So, my question is this: could I get hired to work part time and quit after the first year? (In other words, i would be leaving halfway into my two year agreement). Or would this be seen as unprofessional, and possibly hurt me sometime in the future?

Or would it be wiser to just let this opportunity slide...

Thank you,
PB

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah that's fine, just don't be upfront about it. If anything you're really applying to SA to gain clinical exposure, maybe for some physician LORs.... and it won't hurt you at all to be on bad terms with SA; realistically, people quit from SA after a few months or a few weeks... even after a few shifts. Definitely don't let this opportunity slide by because it is a great experience

Reactions: 1 user
It's at-will employment and the commitment is not binding, so there's no legal trouble you can get into. Just to be a good person, you should let your chief scribe/whoever is in charge know a few weeks before you quit so they have time to replace you. The only thing that might actually matter is if you are getting a LOR from a provider, maybe you should make sure it doesn't say anything bad about you in terms of leaving? Otherwise, you should absolutely go for it because scribing is fantastic.