Scribes- PS help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klittlejohn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I am writing my PS and am very conflicted on what to include since there are many things I want to say. My most significant clinical experience and experience overall that influenced my motivation to be a doctor has been working as a medical scribe for the past year. Is it bad if I focus the entire essay about this or do I need to at least talk a little bit about the other things I have done? Also, for any other scribes out there would love to know how you wrote about your experience in your PS.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't make it your whole essay. I was a scribe for 2 years and I opened with a pretty short but unique story about my scribe experience and my ethnic culture. Then I mentioned it in passing when talking about exposure to medicine.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm not quite sure how to talk fluently about it in my PS. Although I've been working as a scribe for 4 months, it still has been extremely eventful and I'd like to talk about it in my PS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not a scribe, but have been helping to edit a lot of PS. I would suggest not to have your entire PS focused on scribing. Maybe you want to talk about how your other experiences led to your one yr commitment to scribing. Have you volunteered anywhere? research? family hardships? course/grade hardships? any other event that led your interest into medicine? Below is the link that has a list of volunteers that are willing to help edit your PS:
Feel free to PM me as well!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ment-guide-and-reader-list-2016-2017.1178488/

Best of luck! :)

Thank you! I have several other experiences that I can write about, I just don't feel as strongly about them/ it is hard to link them all together to say something meaningful. I appreciate your advice though and I will keep working on it!

Reactions: 1 user
I wrote about how I want to be part of a generation of physicians who practice medicine with cultural competency, like the MDs I scribe for

I used my scribing experience as foundation for my PS. I don't mind sharing if you want to PM your email.

My first paragraph was a unique story about scribing, then I briefly transitioned into other paragraphs about my other motivations for going into medicine, and then wrapped it up finishing with how my scribe experience truly solidified my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app