Scribing hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

discowisco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who were scribes what did you put down for hours in you apps, or did you at all? Since Iv been scribing for just 1 month now with 2-3 shifts a week giving me a total of 100+ hours in 1 month. If i keep that up by the time i apply that would be 600 + hours of clinical? Would i need to do other clinical ecs?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who were scribes what did you put down for hours in you apps, or did you at all? Since Iv been scribing for just 1 month now with 2-3 shifts a week giving me a total of 100+ hours in 1 month. If i keep that up by the time i apply that would be 600 + hours of clinical? Would i need to do other clinical ecs?

I put down the hours and ended up with more than 5,000 but I also had tons of other clinical experience hours from my volunteer experience. I put the scribe job down under the work category and not the ECs. It depends on how you want to do it but I would recommend keeping up with our ECs while working as well.

its always a good idea to have multiple clinical ECs. It gives your interviewers something to talk about.