All Branch Topic (ABT) Scroll Approval (All Branches)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kglahm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I know this topic has been repeated over and over in this forum, but I just wonder if someone can give me a few thought on it. I'm AF HPSP recipient and I'm waiting on Scroll approval (been 3 months now). I believe MANY AF foes are in the same shoe as me (waiting anxiously) for their scroll approval.

So my questions are:

1. Can someone from another branch (Navy, Army) tell me what your timeline is for your scroll approval? Not sure if scroll approval process is the same for all branches or different branches have different processing time.
2. For Army BOLC or Navy ODS, do most people go between MS1 or MS2 or do you go before you start med school/ dental school?
3. What if you are not scroll approved before the first day of class, will your stipend reimbursed?
4. Are you issued a military ID after your commission or do you have to wait until your COT?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

1. Navy is currently running at 2-3 weeks but can take up to 6 weeks earlier through winter/early spring. Army is typically 4-6 weeks.
2. For a vast majority, Navy ODS and Army BOLC are between MS1-2.

I'm unsure about 3 & 4, sorry!

Hello all,

I know this topic has been repeated over and over in this forum, but I just wonder if someone can give me a few thought on it. I'm AF HPSP recipient and I'm waiting on Scroll approval (been 3 months now). I believe MANY AF foes are in the same shoe as me (waiting anxiously) for their scroll approval.

So my questions are:

1. Can someone from another branch (Navy, Army) tell me what your timeline is for your scroll approval? Not sure if scroll approval process is the same for all branches or different branches have different processing time.
2. For Army BOLC or Navy ODS, do most people go between MS1 or MS2 or do you go before you start med school/ dental school?
3. What if you are not scroll approved before the first day of class, will your stipend reimbursed?
4. Are you issued a military ID after your commission or do you have to wait until your COT?

Thank you

I'm a clinical psychology recipient for this year with the Army and the board took place in the middle of January. My recruiter called and stated I was selected on February 8th. I waited until April 14th to hear that my scroll was approved and had to wait until April 20th to sign of Oath of Office and get the paperwork ball rolling. I believe it was just about ten weeks for the scroll and packet with all the documents to come back approved. Now, I'm still waiting on my background check to be completed. Hope that was helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

So my questions are:

Thank you

1. No idea
2. I believe most now go before they start.
3. No idea
4. It's been awhile and things may have changed since I did this, but you can get the reserve ID card right after. It's not, "issued" to you, you have to go to an ID card section with the right paperwork to get it done. You won't get a real CAC until later during one of the brief active periods. You probably also would get a CAC at BOLC.

1. Army - 4-6 weeks typically
2. Between first and second year
3. No. If you are not a member of the Armed Service (scrolled and oathed) you are not entitled to stipend. However, the Army will pay tuition for the full semester instead of prorating it.
4. Army and Navy (not sure about Air Force) are now entitled to a CAC and don't need the pink ID. You need to go to an ID card section at the nearest military facility. Strongly recommend that you call ahead to make an appointment and to verify what to bring with.

Anyone waiting on Air Force scroll approval?

I was waiting until yesterday when I got the call that my scroll was approved. I was selected in April

Anyone waiting on Air Force scroll approval?

Yeah I'm waiting on my Air Force scroll. Been over 5 months now. How long did you wait from appointment/selection to commissioning?