Scrub Shoes & Eyewear

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southerndoc

life is good
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for sites with good surgical attire prices? I'm specifically hunting for the "clogger" shoes (so I don't ruin another pair of shoes when I do another surgery or OB rotation) and also for some quality eyewear (Gargoyles maybe?). Those masks with the face shields are too annoying.

Members don't see this ad.

I favor the mediplogs by Medimex. They're ~ $50 & I've had the same pair about 5 years now. Very comfortable. I do not like the heel lift on the regular Plogs or other similar clogs. These are more like the low-profile birkenstocks except they're more comfortable to me & they do not have the really wide toe-box that makes the Birki's look like clown shoes

http://store.yahoo.com/allheart/mediplogs.html

As far as eye wear goes, I bought a pair of Smith & Wesson glasses from SafetyglassesUSA.com. Some surgeons i worked with before had them and they are pretty dang nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
the mediplogs are not ventilated on the top like the older plogs model. The are some slits on the sides that are tucked up and under & I've never had anything get in my shoes