SDN Meetups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grrrr121

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought we could use a thread to try to arrange meetups...if anyone is interested of course.

I'll be visiting Fort Collins this weekend, and hopefully will get to check out the campus at CSU. Are there any pre-vets or vet students in the area that would like to take a break from studying and meet up for a beverage somewhere? PM me if you're interested, I'd love to meet some future colleagues

Members don't see this ad.

if anyone is ever in the Raleigh area I have a spare bedroom (2 twin beds) and am close to anything you'd want here.

I think I'm going to take a train up to Glasgow and Edinburgh probably first or second weekend of December. I've got a place to stay lined up with friends, but would love if anyone at either school could spare some time to show me around the campus a bit one day? More than happy to compensate with some beverages or lunch/dinner as a thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm going to take a train up to Glasgow and Edinburgh probably first or second weekend of December. I've got a place to stay lined up with friends, but would love if anyone at either school could spare some time to show me around the campus a bit one day? More than happy to compensate with some beverages or lunch/dinner as a thank you! :)

Sorry, bad weekends... I have finals December 9th-13th, then I am heading back home to the US on the 14th.

Sorry, bad weekends... I have finals December 9th-13th, then I am heading back home to the US on the 14th.

Aw thanks anyways, I figured it would be an awkward time for most people but nothing else worked with my schedule. I'll give you a shout if my plans change, but best of luck on finals!

Aw thanks anyways, I figured it would be an awkward time for most people but nothing else worked with my schedule. I'll give you a shout if my plans change, but best of luck on finals!

Thanks! And you can just send me a message if anything changes. There really isn't much I can show you here anyway, just the vet school building (can't show you the hospital facilities), so really is just a building with a couple lecture halls and some classrooms and a library.

I don't have exams this term so I'll be around-ish. I start EMS right after lectures finish on the 6th so it depends what days you were thinking.

Awesome, I'll let you know closer to the date then! I can pretty much come up whenever during those first two weeks, so I may try towards the beginning if you'll be around. I just got my interview set up with glasgow, so I'm really looking forward to looking around since I haven't been up before.

Thank you, EC!

So, I'm transferring to WSU for next fall, and I am hoping to go visit campus/Pullman soon. Would anyone from there want to get together when I do? I wouldn't be opposed to getting an idea of the campus from someone who knows it...I'll buy ya a beer! :)

Thank you, EC!

So, I'm transferring to WSU for next fall, and I am hoping to go visit campus/Pullman soon. Would anyone from there want to get together when I do? I wouldn't be opposed to getting an idea of the campus from someone who knows it...I'll buy ya a beer! :)
We will more than likely be over during the holiday. Hopefully before Christmas.

You Virginia bishes have to come hang out with me.
I'd love to. PM me:) We live here full time cuz of my husband's job and no one lives here over Christmas break! No one. Thanksgiving break either for that matter. I drove to a dog sitting job Thanksgiving night across town and didn't see a single car. It's like a freaky ghost town.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have exams this term so I'll be around-ish. I start EMS right after lectures finish on the 6th so it depends what days you were thinking.

Wait whatttt...

I am clearly old and do not understand this new program AT ALL.

As a sidenote...my NAVLE is done Tuesday...so I will be around too @Cyndia (though no promises I will be sober...)

It's a bit confusing, but it's basically like this... no defined classes as such - just lecture and practical divided up into 4 week modules with topics like digestion, natural defenses, etc. We are examined only in May and it counts for 70% of our grade (we have something else called CAT tasks that fill 30% earlier in the year). The exam covers everything from the year and is divided into knowledge and practical portions on separate days. Then of course we have the OSCEs. Oh and now we only have one summer to finish our pre-clinical EMS. Probably more than you needed to know. haha ;)

Good luck on the NAVLE!!

So weird how much changes in 5 years :)

And thanks!

Every time I see this thread updated, I think "Craigslist hookups for pre-vetties" and get all sketched out.

Reactions: 1 users
Well that certainly makes me less keen on meeting up with SDN-ers! :p

Kidding though, @shortnsweet best of luck on the NAVLE!! I haven't yet booked train tickets because I'm in a bit of crunch time for work and might end up having to work that weekend... but I'll keep you posted, if I'm off work I'll be up on December 15th. If not, I'll definitely be up January 15th for my interview, would love to meet up afterwards for a drink or two to maybe grill you and @selisona about student life if you're available then!

is that really your reaction? o_O

or is it more like an old man in the back of a van with some candy ;)

Don't make me drag the molestache picture out.

(And Dy, c'mon. If I had a van full of candy, I'd just sit there and eat it all myself.)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else going to be at the CDC veterinary day?

WSU students!! I just moved here in June and I am applying for vet school next year. I'm really homesick. Is anyone around who would want to get together for a beer/coffee and just talk? I need to meet people...