searshing for PGY 1 any where in the states .ECFMG CERTIFIED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bebo1975

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everybody

I am ECFMG certified ,i had finished three year residency in critical care and toxicology medicine but from outside U.S.A..

Last seven years i have worked as emergency registrar but outside the states

I moved last year to United States as permanent resident .

I passed step 1 USMLE( score 231) , step 2 CK(score 221) and step 2CS (first passer).so i have finished my medical license and I would like to join critical care ,emergency ,anesthesia or family medicine residency program this year i am ready to start this july any where in the United States ,

Any one can help me ???

Members don't see this ad.

If you only took step 1 and both parts of step 2, you have not yet "finished your medical license." You need to take step 3. For residency you need to apply through the match. Your chances of having a residency position starting in July 2013 are basically nil at this point - the match was particularly brutal this year (and will likely be just as bad next year), and I would assume all positions are filled now.

For next year apply broadly. At least half of all IMGs go unmatched even after the SOAP. Good luck.

US clinical experience? Letters of recommendation (from US faculty)? Research? Step 3?

You've got some work to do in order to prepare your application for THIS fall, so that you might get an interview and match and begin work NEXT July (i.e. 2014).