Second Look/Revisit and New Decision Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluevase

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will the AAMC's new Traffic Rules regarding the April 30th Decision Date (moved up from last year's D-Day by 2 weeks) lead to a more crowded Second Look schedule in April? Will the revisit weekends inconveniently overlap for those with multiple acceptances, or will schools host their weekends starting earlier in March? I'm interested to hear any thoughts (or news of 2015 second look dates) from applicants, adcoms, or anyone else in the know!

Members don't see this ad.

Most likely, I know my school is planning on moving up their second look due to the new traffic rules.

Not sure, the school I'm most interested in matriculating at has their date during the middle of the week (!) in April

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure, the school I'm most interested in matriculating at has their date during the middle of the week (!) in April

Oh wow, that definitely seems like a big change from last year.

Has anyone else heard anything about changes in second look dates?

Even if schools do change their second look dates, I imagine it'll be more difficult to schedule the trips due to overlaps. You'll probably have more schools trying to do second looks with a smaller number of available dates (due to the earlier AAMC timeline). This was always a bit of a problem before, but I imagine it'll be even more exaggerated now.

Reactions: 1 user