secondaries and lors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sierra1364

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
first sdn post!

my school sends out my committee letter (along with all other lors) on august 15. i submitted my amcas june 20. i got verified this week and since have been getting several secondaries. is it still important for me to return the secondaries within two weeks, even if i won't be complete until mid august anyway? or, do i have a bit more leeway with the timing? also, do schools look at how much time lapses before sending in the secondary as an indication of one's interest in the school?

thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, send them in!!! I had my essays for the secondaries finished before I even received the secondary. My question would be, why wouldn't you want to send them in immediately?

Members don't see this ad :)
it's just that i applied to A LOT of schools and a bunch just came in all at once so i'm not sure whether i can get them all done within the two week timeframe

it's just that i applied to A LOT of schools and a bunch just came in all at once so i'm not sure whether i can get them all done within the two week timeframe

Get them done as timely as you can without sacrificing quality; but yes, in the vast majority of cases, your letters will be what gates completion, so you do have breathing room.