Secondary application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xc_stallion92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, what I am finding for some of the MD/PhD secondaries is that they ask for the exact same essays that we had to write for the AMCAS primary. For instance, Cincinnati has two extra essays for MD/PhD, a why MD/PhD essay, and a significant research essay, both with 7000 character limits. Since this information is explicitly laid out in the why MD/PhD and significant research essays for AMCAS, would it be frowned upon to reuse large chunks of those essays? I don't get why they bother with requiring secondaries if they're just going to ask us for the same information we already gave AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you reuse your same essays? I just came across this and I am not sure what to do. I really don't want to have to rewrite the same thing in different words...

I reused my significant research essay whenever I could, but for any "why MD/PhD" questions I added stuff about why I wanted to go to that program in particular.