Secondary Application Updates?? What do they mean??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. MCAT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I don't know about you guys but I keep randomly getting these types of messages:

"All materials needed for your application have been received and your file is now complete.

Your application will be reviewed throughout the year and if granted an interview, we will send you an invitation by email. Interview is by invitation from September through March. If you have not heard by April, you will receive notification of your status at that time."

Or messages similar to these. The thing is, I finished (or so I thought) my secondary application in its entirety about two months ago, including all the LORs. Is this just a randomly generated message or do you think my apps are getting delayed somehow? Or is this them basically acknowledging they have officially looked at my application and at this time aren't willing to give me an interview yet?

Let me know what you think or if anyone else is receiving these messages way after they finished their secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

I got "complete" emails from some schools within 2 hours - 2 days of submitting the secondary. Other schools took as long as a month. If *none* of your schools sent complete emails until 2 months after you submitted, you might want to double check that your LORs were actually received and fees processed when you thought they were. You can also check the school-specific threads to see if others were getting complete emails more quickly than you.
At this point though, I don't know how much it matters, since you can't make them look at your application sooner.