Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Secondary Essay Topic - FSU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by BeastyM, 08.31.08.

1. BeastyM

BeastyM

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Write a critical analysis of your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine and the realization of your professional ambitions.

How is this question different from a personal statement? What are the types of things you would talk about in here?
  2. medguy83

medguy83 Member

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    FSU does tend to have a lengthy secondary. Essentially, they're asking you to critique yourself while complementing your strengths. What would be challenging to you as a doctor? What kind of experiences or accomplishments best demonstrate your desire to practice medicine? etc. It's a balancing act of selling yourself, yet not being too pompus.
    I'm a current MS1 here at FSU, so if you have any questions just let me know. Good luck on your applications:thumbup:
  3. NavyDoc1

NavyDoc1

Pre-Medical
    Hey Medguy83, I am not sure if you received my last message but I asked if you could by a chance take a look at my 2ry application to FSU since you have already done it. I have already completed the 2ry but haven't summitted it yet. Thanks in advance!

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal