About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Secondary Essay Topic - FSU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by BeastyM, Aug 31, 2008.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. BeastyM

BeastyM

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Write a critical analysis of your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine and the realization of your professional ambitions.

How is this question different from a personal statement? What are the types of things you would talk about in here?
  2. medguy83

medguy83 Member

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    FSU does tend to have a lengthy secondary. Essentially, they're asking you to critique yourself while complementing your strengths. What would be challenging to you as a doctor? What kind of experiences or accomplishments best demonstrate your desire to practice medicine? etc. It's a balancing act of selling yourself, yet not being too pompus.
    I'm a current MS1 here at FSU, so if you have any questions just let me know. Good luck on your applications:thumbup:
  3. NavyDoc1

NavyDoc1

Pre-Medical
    Hey Medguy83, I am not sure if you received my last message but I asked if you could by a chance take a look at my 2ry application to FSU since you have already done it. I have already completed the 2ry but haven't summitted it yet. Thanks in advance!