Secondary essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manifesto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is a list of recent secondary essay prompts out there. If not, how about we start? I want to start early and I'm sure there are others too. I'm especially interested in CA schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I don't know that all schools release their secondaries beforehand. However, UNC has theirs posted year-round--just scroll down to the "open ended questions:" https://www.dentistry.unc.edu/academic/dds/supplementalapplicationinformation.cfm

UNC's seemed to be longer than many other schools' secondaries. However, secondaries tend to ask some pretty standard questions--why dentistry? why this school? etc. Some will ask you more in-depth, "touchy feely" questions, like ECU. However, I don't know that I'm allowed to share those questions.

If you're looking for a school's secondary application, just simply google the school's name followed by "secondary" or "supplement." Those two words are used sort of interchangeably, but they might yield different results. If they aren't on google, they probably aren't meant to be public knowledge.