Secondary help, please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ksf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm finishing up some secondaries and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to quickly look em over and let me know what they think? I don't feel like I need extensive editing or anything, just someone to make sure I'm actually answering the question, my writing isn't too convoluted, etc. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I'm unreasonably anal with writing and would be happy to look yours over. I just finally finished all of my secondaries (took months I'm so anal) and I know how helpful it is to get some outside feedback. PM me and I'll see what I can do. :)

Good luck!

I can give a second opinion if you want. More of a family medicine look as opposed to a pediatric interventional neuroradiologist look. sorry, i'm too tired to be making analogies. what i'm trying to say is that i look more at the big picture and i'll leave the "anal" stuff to little etoile...and pediatric interventional neuro radiologist was the most specialized, specific thing i could think of at the moment. actually, that'd be a fun thread: what's the most specialized specialty you can think of? i'd hate to be someone who does nothing but one procedure all day long, but i guess that's how they rake in the big bucks...okay, rambling thoughts over. send me your secondaries if you still trust me after this ridiculous post. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Little Etoile, I'm really anal about writing, too. I'm still working on secondaries. Just wondering, when was your AMCAS verified? (I was verified 9/24.) It'll make me feel better that I'm not the only one that can't write something and turn it in quickly without being very very happy with it. Thanks!

Would someone mind reading a very very short essay of mine (2 parags)?

Little Etoile, I'm really anal about writing, too. I'm still working on secondaries. Just wondering, when was your AMCAS verified? (I was verified 9/24.) It'll make me feel better that I'm not the only one that can't write something and turn it in quickly without being very very happy with it. Thanks!

I was verified 8/16. I received almost all of my secondary invites within the following week.

For me, quality was more important. My initial objective was a two-week turn-around, but that flew out the window when my inbox was filled with twenty-four invites in one week. (I applied to twenty-eight schools- eeks!)

To the people that churned their secondaries out in a forty-eight hour window: uh, WHAT? I just can't see how you could write a thoughtful, well-formed essay in that short of a time period. I'm not criticizing you folks; I really just don't understand it.

Again, maybe it's that I'm too anal or maybe I didn't push myself hard enough, but turning in a secondary that I was proud of and that I felt accurately reflected my goals and personality took priority over a quick turn-around time. I realize that with rolling admissions this may cost me dearly in the end, but it also may be my saving grace. I simply wasn't willing to turn in anything less than what I considered perfect and I'm okay with that. So be it. :)

Can I join in? I'm not done with my secondary essays yet, but would someone be willing to look at mine. cuz I think my writing skills are my biggest concern. We could exchange, just for feedback. I think that would be awesome if anyone's willing....