Secondary timing and Committee letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizlemon123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I've heard we should try and submit secondaries within two weeks of receiving them. I've also heard that the goal is to be complete by August 1 to be "early". I ALSO understand that being "complete" means secondary submitted AND letters submitted.

My school uses a committee letter that will be released for me, at best, at the end of July.

Is there still a reason for me to submit my secondary before, say, the last week of July if my letter won't be in until then anyway?

If not I'd rather spend some time with them.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The primary reason would be to get them done so that your application will be complete as soon as your letter is available and received by the schools. However, as long as you ensure that your secondaries are in when your letters arrive or shortly before, then it won't make a difference.

The two week suggestion is completely arbitrary. The real point is to not lollygag when it comes to getting your secondaries in. That said, quality > turn-around time.