About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

secondary type or write??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by DOMb, Oct 18, 2006.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. DOMb

DOMb

Medical Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    am i suppose 2 type in my name, soc sec, addy, or can i jus write those in and type the essay? or do u guys advise typing it in because a couple of my secondaries came in the mail and im not able to adobe it. Thanks for your comments =)
  2. HemaOncoDoc

HemaOncoDoc One Step At A Time

Medical Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Type it. Get a type writer or try to find them online. Many of them have one online such as UMDNJ.
  3. CuttinEmUp

CuttinEmUp Senior Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    type it if you want it to be considered by the adcom
    write it if you want it to end up in the trash can
  4. Darch

Darch

SDN 5+ Year Member
    umm...i wrote my name, social etc and typed the essay and i got interview invites to all of the DO schools I applied to...

sooo i dont think mine ended up in the trash?
  5. Soccer885

Soccer885 Senior Member

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I also wrote on one of my applications and was accepted to that school! I was in the first group of people to get an interview. Other ones that I wrote on I got interview invites that I have not been to yet. When the applications have been online or on the computer I have typed in the info, but when they are mailed I have been writing them in. I don't think it is a big deal. I also KNOW that if you write in your info, your app will not get tossed in the trash!
  6. erleichda

erleichda Guest

Pre-Medical
    Typing is more professional, but I think it's okay to neatly print name, ss#, etc. Definitely type the essays. Good luck.
  7. MJB

MJB Senior Member Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    There was one that I tried and tried and tried to type after converting to adobe, but it just didn't work out. I decided to fill out the name, etc...by printing, and then any essays, I typed up and marked the section "see attached".

It was amazing how much difference there was in the applications and their ease of use.
  8. jkhamlin

jkhamlin Joe Cool resident

Resident [Any Field]
    Physician SDN 10+ Year Member
    If you can fill it out on your computer, definitely do that. If it is too difficult (no one has a typewriter these days), write it NEATLY. I hand wrote my KCUMB one, and I got accepted, so I doubt they threw mine away. :rolleyes:
  9. dr.z

dr.z

Medical Student
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    I typed it using a type writer.
  10. Hexanol

Hexanol

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    i think that sums it up. no adcom is going to throw away your application just because you hand wrote it. Typing would be preferred but handwriting your name and soc #, as long as its neat, will not hurt you in any way.

I personally hand wrote all of my applications, typed all my essays, and still got interview invites and acceptances. so don't worry goodluck! :luck: