Securing loans for canadians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pat0599

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any Canadians looking to secure a loan for dental school? I know a very knowledgeable financial advisor at CIBC who was able to help me secure 275k at prime rate.

Long story short, I was accepted to Upenn and was looking to secure loan. I met with all Canadian banks (TD, Scotia, RBC, and CIBC) many times over several months, but they flat out rejected me on the spot saying that it would be impossible for me to secure a loan because I lack a “strong” cosigner. It took me a long time but I found a financial advisor who actually cares about my situation and was willing to try to get my loan secured. Everyone has different financial situations but he will work with you and try to get you the best possible outcome.

I know there are some of you struggling to get a loan, just like I was. I am just trying to help you out because I know how frustrating and stressful this process can be. If anyone is interested, feel free to message me and I will give you his details.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users