Seeing people's girlfriends/wives on Tinder really makes you lose faith...

studentp0x

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not that my faith was strong to begin with, but seriously this hits a new low point. Seeing many guys' (that I know of) gfs/fiances/wives on Tinder which is primarily a hook up app. Besides that though, me and many others get matched with women who are in relationships or married. Many of these women regularly meet other men for sex.
The thing that can somewhat surprise those of you on this forum is that the taken girls I come across are well in school/have solid jobs-good career paths. Good families... everything checks out to be good which makes you think that this person is of high quality. And then... lol

Members don't see this ad.

Not that my faith was strong to begin with, but seriously this hits a new low point. Seeing many guys' (that I know of) gfs/fiances/wives on Tinder which is primarily a hook up app. Besides that though, me and many others get matched with women who are in relationships or married. Many of these women regularly meet other men for sex.
The thing that can somewhat surprise those of you on this forum is that the taken girls I come across are well in school/have solid jobs-good career paths. Good families... everything checks out to be good which makes you think that this person is of high quality. And then... lol

yikes

also, ive encountered my fair share of married men pretending to be single..and hell, even married men openly flaunting their relationship status and still looking for other women, to not be surprised by anything at this point

Reactions: 1 users
yikes

also, ive encountered my fair share of married men pretending to be single..and hell, even married men openly flaunting their relationship status and still looking for other women, to not be surprised by anything at this point
Yea its definitely an equally bad issue on both sides (men and women).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea its definitely an equally bad issue on both sides (men and women).

Pox,

In what city do you live? Are these people of the same age or older/younger? Also, are they generally religious people?

Are these people in your medical class? Or in undergrad (your status says pre-med)?

Aside from what you mentioned, how would you describe your experience with Tinder?

Pox,

In what city do you live? Are these people of the same age or older/younger? Also, are they generally religious people?

Are these people in your medical class? Or in undergrad (your status says pre-med)?

Aside from what you mentioned, how would you describe your experience with Tinder?
I'm in a suburban area by a big city. I've seen people of all ages who are in relationships or married but the ones I know personally are younger. I have come across religious people yes and I come across muslim girls with hijab daily on Tinder.
They are people I know from everywhere... not just school.

Tinder = amazing app for hook ups, tons of attractive people on it just cause it's a "cool" thing to have.

If my other half joined tinder "just to look" and "be part of the social media frenzy" I would flip the **** out

JS

Reactions: 4 users
I know guys who are committed who have tinder and hook up with other girls. It's super awkward and I never know what to do. Like one weekend you are showing me pix of this girl you hooked up with, and the next weekend you introduce me to your girlfriend....

images

Reactions: 1 user
I know a number of people in committed relationships who joined Tinder because they didn't like being left out of the latest social media trend. They have no intention of cheating and just like swiping L/R and looking at it.

Still petty/vain, but just saying. I wouldn't assume that if you see your married friend on there that they are DTF.
Funny cause I know 2 people in long term relationships who have told people that, meanwhile they hook up every week with randoms.

Cmon you cant be this gullible and believe it when people say that. If someone's on Tinder, they're cheating and they're cheating very often. People just have different methods of playing the "innocent" card. Some act ignorant, some only tell a couple of their closest friends, etc etc. You'd be surprised how strong some people are at acting innocent when in reality they're guilty to some extreme level.

Funny cause I know 2 people in long term relationships who have told people that, meanwhile they hook up every week with randoms.

Cmon you cant be this gullible and believe it when people say that. If someone's on Tinder, they're cheating and they're cheating very often. People just have different methods of playing the "innocent" card. Some act ignorant, some only tell a couple of their closest friends, etc etc. You'd be surprised how strong some people are at acting innocent when in reality they're guilty to some extreme level.
There's also a good number of people in open relationships nowadays, so there's always that to consider. Most of the time though, it's just plain old cheating, like you said. Pick your partner carefully nowadays.

There's also a good number of people in open relationships nowadays, so there's always that to consider. Most of the time though, it's just plain old cheating, like you said. Pick your partner carefully nowadays.

Then what is the point of being married, having a girlfriend/boyfriend?

The fact that the OP is surprised that people of higher socioeconomic backgrounds engage in extra-marital sex makes me think this person really has no idea about human nature.

My parents come from a traditional Eastern society, and many married Japanese men cheat on their wives, often visiting prostitutes.

The fact that the OP is surprised that people of higher socioeconomic backgrounds engage in extra-marital sex makes me think this person really has no idea about human nature.

My parents come from a traditional Eastern society, and many married Japanese men cheat on their wives, often visiting prostitutes.
Some people are content to have their emotional needs met at home and have a stable household within which to raise children but realize that a lifetime of sex with any one person will probably get boring at some point. I'm not one to judge, it's their lives. Personally, I'm more of a traditional marriage guy myself.

Japan is a pretty solid example of a culture that clings to traditional norms as a facade despite the fact that they make everyone miserable. It's actually destroying the country, as it is fairly incompatible with the modern lifestyle that many women desire, so they just skip marriage entirely too avoid being some dude's kitchen slave. Basically the whole country would rather go down in a spiral of depopulation than have more equal marriage arrangements like many couples have in the US.

http://www.japantoday.com/smartphon...men-husbands-death-like-a-breath-of-fresh-air

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ives-opting-for-adulterous-online-dating.html

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1242014

http://www.japansubculture.com/youn...en-reject-marriage-and-ultimately-each-other/

Some people are content to have their emotional needs met at home and have a stable household within which to raise children but realize that a lifetime of sex with any one person will probably get boring at some point. I'm not one to judge, it's their lives. Personally, I'm more of a traditional marriage guy myself.

Japan is a pretty solid example of a culture that clings to traditional norms as a facade despite the fact that they make everyone miserable. It's actually destroying the country, as it is fairly incompatible with the modern lifestyle that many women desire, so they just skip marriage entirely too avoid being some dude's kitchen slave. Basically the whole country would rather go down in a spiral of depopulation than have more equal marriage arrangements like many couples have in the US.

http://www.japantoday.com/smartphon...men-husbands-death-like-a-breath-of-fresh-air

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ives-opting-for-adulterous-online-dating.html

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1242014

http://www.japansubculture.com/youn...en-reject-marriage-and-ultimately-each-other/

Just about every Eastern society is like this, the Middle East is even worse than Japan. A friend of mine went to Dubai and saw an Arab man in traditional clothing leave his wife and kids in a hotel and then he entered a limo filled with Eastern European prostitutes.

I agree facades are just as bad as these people in open relationships.

Yea I've talked to a couple in open relationships but the vast majority are indeed cheating hard.

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh no it's simply that some people on here would think that trashy ways of cheating (ex. with complete strangers all the time vs. an affair which isn't as bad of course) would be more likely to occur with lower class people. Hence why I mentioned it.

Yea I've talked to a couple in open relationships but the vast majority are indeed cheating hard.
Unrelated to this post, but you really seem to be the kind of guy that can't keep a woman around and has horrible trust issues. It's pretty sad.

There's plenty of people out there that won't cheat. You can find them if you know how to look. The kind of guy who takes cheating as a given is going to send any potential long-term partner running faster than you can say "insecurity."

Oh no it's simply that some people on here would think that trashy ways of cheating (ex. with complete strangers all the time vs. an affair which isn't as bad of course) would be more likely to occur with lower class people. Hence why I mentioned it.

LOL. What about Bill Clinton? What about JFK and his entire family? JFK used to have orgies in the White House with multiple women, he also had them threatened if they ever spoke about it.

People have the same internal biochemistry whether they are rich or poor.

Unrelated to this post, but you really seem to be the kind of guy that can't keep a woman around and has horrible trust issues. It's pretty sad.

There's plenty of people out there that won't cheat. You can find them if you know how to look. The kind of guy who takes cheating as a given is going to send any potential long-term partner running faster than you can say "insecurity."
I'm personally not a fan of relationships myself and much prefer single life. but it seems that all my new guy friends went from being all careless and trusting to finding out what their gfs have done after they became friends with me. Definitely not a coincidence!

I'm personally not a fan of relationships myself and much prefer single life. but it seems that all my new guy friends went from being all careless and trusting to finding out what their gfs have done after they became friends with me. Definitely not a coincidence!
Some of us would much prefer to not die alone, and possibly have children etc. That kind of requires carefully selecting partners that will not **** us over down the road. It isn't easy to do, but with experience, it's totally possible. Cheating is sort of one of those things that you're either wired to do for life, or you'll just never do because it isn't in your nature. Roughly 50% of women and a slightly higher percentage of men cheat, and those that do it once are far more likely to be repeat offenders. You just need to find that 50% that isn't down to cheat, which, as I said, isn't all that hard when you know how to select for it.

Being single is great, but once you hit your 30s, things start to change substantially as friends begin to get married off and you start to get too old to fit in with much of the clubbing and bar scene. Not that there isn't plenty of opportunity for dating in your 30s, but it's just... Different. I think it's much less fun, personally, and very much prefer being settled down over dealing with much of what goes on in the casual dating scene at my age.

Some of us would much prefer to not die alone, and possibly have children etc. That kind of requires carefully selecting partners that will not **** us over down the road. It isn't easy to do, but with experience, it's totally possible. Cheating is sort of one of those things that you're either wired to do for life, or you'll just never do because it isn't in your nature. Roughly 50% of women and a slightly higher percentage of men cheat, and those that do it once are far more likely to be repeat offenders. You just need to find that 50% that isn't down to cheat, which, as I said, isn't all that hard when you know how to select for it.

Being single is great, but once you hit your 30s, things start to change substantially as friends begin to get married off and you start to get too old to fit in with much of the clubbing and bar scene. Not that there isn't plenty of opportunity for dating in your 30s, but it's just... Different. I think it's much less fun, personally, and very much prefer being settled down over dealing with much of what goes on in the casual dating scene at my age.
I don't disagree with you, the 20s are a great time for constantly meeting with randoms (through things like Tinder) and then the 30s IDEALLY are a good time to settle down. So yes in theory I agree with you. It's just that it only takes a couple days of talking to a girl for her to contradict herself all over the place which gets her labelled as a liar and potential cheater in my book. As such it becomes difficult to trust anyone and rightfully so. Also that 50% you mention is mostly females that aren't attractive to me personally.. also keep in mind these stats are likely based around sexual intercourse only?? So the real number could be much higher if you cover all baes.

Now when you say your friends marry in their 30s... you also have to realize that they'll be divorced by their 40s lol only that they won't have their kids around + half of their assets/money will now be gone too along with several years of their life due to the stress.

I don't disagree with you, the 20s are a great time for constantly meeting with randoms (through things like Tinder) and then the 30s IDEALLY are a good time to settle down. So yes in theory I agree with you. It's just that it only takes a couple days of talking to a girl for her to contradict herself all over the place which gets her labelled as a liar and potential cheater in my book. As such it becomes difficult to trust anyone and rightfully so. Also that 50% you mention is mostly females that aren't attractive to me personally.. also keep in mind these stats are likely based around sexual intercourse only?? So the real number could be much higher if you cover all baes.

Now when you say your friends marry in their 30s... you also have to realize that they'll be divorced by their 40s lol only that they won't have their kids around + half of their assets/money will now be gone too along with several years of their life due to the stress.
That number was sexual activity, not sex. It sounds like you're meeting women in the wrong sorts of places if all the women you meet tend to lie and cheat. Finally, why do you find women that don't cheat unattractive? They're kind of everywhere, in every social class and environment you can imagine. You just find less of them in clubs and bars and the like.

As to divorce, marriage in which the woman is college-educated and over the age of 25 have an 80% chance of a successful first marriage. Divorce rates are nowhere near as bad as people believe them to be, they just look horrible because the sort of people that get divorced often get divorced multiple times. So while the overall rate of successful marriages may be 50-60%, the percent of successful first marriages is 70-80%, depending on the social class of those involved, but the overall percent is dragged down by those that get married and divorced 2+ times.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-myth-of-the-high-rate-of-divorce/00011473

That number was sexual activity, not sex. It sounds like you're meeting women in the wrong sorts of places if all the women you meet tend to lie and cheat. Finally, why do you find women that don't cheat unattractive? They're kind of everywhere, in every social class and environment you can imagine. You just find less of them in clubs and bars and the like.

As to divorce, marriage in which the woman is college-educated and over the age of 25 have an 80% chance of a successful first marriage. Divorce rates are nowhere near as bad as people believe them to be, they just look horrible because the sort of people that get divorced often get divorced multiple times. So while the overall rate of successful marriages may be 50-60%, the percent of successful first marriages is 70-80%, depending on the social class of those involved, but the overall percent is dragged down by those that get married and divorced 2+ times.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-myth-of-the-high-rate-of-divorce/00011473
And with emotional cheating, making out, etc. the number is even higher.

Well just in general I only find 10-15% of women attractive to begin with. Has nothing to do with the other factors. I'm meeting women in every place imaginable, it's just that you have to pay very careful attention to pick up on the smaller lies and inconsistencies.

As for the divorce stats... well it's much higher for a physician isnt it? :D So all of that becomes irrelevant.

And with emotional cheating, making out, etc. the number is even higher.

Well just in general I only find 10-15% of women attractive to begin with. Has nothing to do with the other factors. I'm meeting women in every place imaginable, it's just that you have to pay very careful attention to pick up on the smaller lies and inconsistencies.

As for the divorce stats... well it's much higher for a physician isnt it? :D So all of that becomes irrelevant.
The kind of girl that's going to make out with a guy is the kind of girl that's going to full-on cheat 99% of the time. "Emotional" cheating is bull****, IMO.

So far as "smaller lies and inconsistencies," you must be nuts or interacting with some very weird girls, because there's usually not anything worth lying about in the first few days of knowing someone unless you're a pathological liar. Even given a couple of weeks, there's not a lot of opportunity for lies and bull****- hell, it never even usually comes up until you're exclusive unless one of you is playing mind games or a liar by nature.

Actually physicians are much less likely to divorce and far more likely to be married per the statistics. Overall divorce rate is less than 10%, well under half of the national average, while 85% of male physicians are married, far greater than the national average of 48%.

http://lexfridman.com/blogs/thoughts/2012/04/14/divorce-rates-by-profession/
http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/lifestyle/2012/public (see page 8)

The kind of girl that's going to make out with a guy is the kind of girl that's going to full-on cheat 99% of the time. "Emotional" cheating is bull****, IMO.

So far as "smaller lies and inconsistencies," you must be nuts or interacting with some very weird girls, because there's usually not anything worth lying about in the first few days of knowing someone unless you're a pathological liar. Even given a couple of weeks, there's not a lot of opportunity for lies and bull****- hell, it never even usually comes up until you're exclusive unless one of you is playing mind games or a liar by nature.

Actually physicians are much less likely to divorce and far more likely to be married per the statistics. Overall divorce rate is less than 10%, well under half of the national average, while 85% of male physicians are married, far greater than the national average of 48%.

http://lexfridman.com/blogs/thoughts/2012/04/14/divorce-rates-by-profession/
http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/lifestyle/2012/public (see page 8)
Yes but in terms of number it still goes up... so the majority of the population will cheat on you and hence you're fighting a losing battle naturally.

Actually I should have clarified. A girl trying to exaggerate and throw in some "small lies" to make herself sound better is one. Another common scenario is meeting girls through friends and them saying things that doesn't match what I've heard about them. Besides that, yes it takes a bit longer to pick up on lies. But by lies I don't mean blatantly obvious things that a pathological liar would say. I'm talking about inconsistencies about their life, things that they lied about initially but forgot to stay consistent with, all small stuff.

Consider this though... your average working person who has a busy career won't have too much time to get to know a person. Some dates here and there... gives the other side plenty of time to be able to present themself however they want. Now in the younger generation (those under 25 years old) where texting all day is very common, these lies and inconsistencies are MUCH easier to pick up on. The same girl that I realized was a serial cheater and a lunatic will be an innocent angel to her prospective bf. Then that guy will come on here and defend things like "trust." Little do they know what happens behind their back... hence why I simply laugh at ignorance.

Interesting on the physicians, but it'll depend heavily on the specialty. Hence why some residencies can brag about their 100% divorce rates. Though the percentage of people in mutually happy and loyal marriages... that would be the interesting number to have. I suspect it is very low.

Yes but in terms of number it still goes up... so the majority of the population will cheat on you and hence you're fighting a losing battle naturally.

Actually I should have clarified. A girl trying to exaggerate and throw in some "small lies" to make herself sound better is one. Another common scenario is meeting girls through friends and them saying things that doesn't match what I've heard about them. Besides that, yes it takes a bit longer to pick up on lies. But by lies I don't mean blatantly obvious things that a pathological liar would say. I'm talking about inconsistencies about their life, things that they lied about initially but forgot to stay consistent with, all small stuff.

Consider this though... your average working person who has a busy career won't have too much time to get to know a person. Some dates here and there... gives the other side plenty of time to be able to present themself however they want. Now in the younger generation (those under 25 years old) where texting all day is very common, these lies and inconsistencies are MUCH easier to pick up on. The same girl that I realized was a serial cheater and a lunatic will be an innocent angel to her prospective bf. Then that guy will come on here and defend things like "trust." Little do they know what happens behind their back... hence why I simply laugh at ignorance.

Interesting on the physicians, but it'll depend heavily on the specialty. Hence why some residencies can brag about their 100% divorce rates. Though the percentage of people in mutually happy and loyal marriages... that would be the interesting number to have. I suspect it is very low.
The survey includes happiness ratings of the physicians based upon marriage status. Married physicians were substantially happier than unmarried ones. It's only half of the story, but most studies show that if one partner is happy, the other tends to be as well. Unhappy marriages are generally a two way street. And happy marriages are less likely to involve cheating. Overall, your chances of being in a happy marriage as a physician that doesn't involve cheating are probably roughly 50/50 if you break everything down and relate it to all of the studies out there.

I used to be very interested in the scientific study of interpersonal relationships, both romantic and otherwise. The general gist of most studies is much better than the public perception of the state of human relationships, which is largely shaped by a media that presents a hypersexual view of premarital life and a bleak and desolate view of postmarital life. The reasons for this are pretty obvious- sensationalism and sex sell, and no one is making money by portraying loyal, boring, middle-class relationships on television, nor are the news outlets going to get a boost in ratings from from the news that "first marriages actually fairly successful, doctors actually have healthy, happy, stable relationships."

Last edited:
The survey includes happiness ratings of the physicians based upon marriage status. Married physicians were substantially happier than unmarried ones. It's only half of the story, but most studies show that if one partner is happy, the other tends to be as well. Unhappy marriages are generally a two way street. And happy marriages are less likely to involve cheating. Overall, your chances of being in a happy marriage as a physician that doesn't involve cheating are probably roughly 50/50 if you break everything down and relate it to all of the studies out there.

I used to be very interested in the scientific study of interpersonal relationships, both romantic and otherwise. The general gist of most studies is much better than the public perception of the state of human relationships, which is largely shaped by a media that presents a hypersexual view of premarital life and a bleak and desolate view of postmarital life. The reasons for this are pretty obvious- sensationalism and sex sell, and no one is making money by portraying loyal, boring, middle-class relationships on television, nor are the news outlets going to get a boost in ratings from from the news that "first marriages actually fairly successful, doctors actually have healthy, happy, stable relationships."
Yea interesting. Now what are your thoughts on attractiveness and the likelihood of cheating? I personally think that more attractive people are more likely to cheat simply because they have way more options and way more temptations. For example... an attractive woman will have endless attractive men messaging/approaching them daily. An attractive man will have girls he communicates with naturally interested. A lesser attractive person wont have many options and will basically have to "take what they can get."
Then there's the temptation factor. Women have SO many temptations and this increases the likelihood of things going wrong... especially when she has very attractive men approaching her regularly. Hence why I believe women cheat with civilians more than men as married men make up a huge bulk of the clients that escorts get.

Yea interesting. Now what are your thoughts on attractiveness and the likelihood of cheating? I personally think that more attractive people are more likely to cheat simply because they have way more options and way more temptations. For example... an attractive woman will have endless attractive men messaging/approaching them daily. An attractive man will have girls he communicates with naturally interested. A lesser attractive person wont have many options and will basically have to "take what they can get."
Then there's the temptation factor. Women have SO many temptations and this increases the likelihood of things going wrong... especially when she has very attractive men approaching her regularly. Hence why I believe women cheat with civilians more than men as married men make up a huge bulk of the clients that escorts get.
In general I don't think women cheat because they are trying to be with someone that's more attractive, they cheat because they aren't getting their needs met.

In general I don't think women cheat because they are trying to be with someone that's more attractive, they cheat because they aren't getting their needs met.

i think that's why anyone cheats. those "needs" may be healthy or unhealthy ones but some people will ignore promises/morals to fill whatever felt need they have

tiger didn't think the denny's waitress was prettier then elin, she was either a thrill to chase or a conquest that offered a different prize than elin did

i think that's why anyone cheats. those "needs" may be healthy or unhealthy ones but some people will ignore promises/morals to fill whatever felt need they have

tiger didn't think the denny's waitress was prettier then elin, she was either a thrill to chase or a conquest that offered a different prize than elin did
That's fair. I was just speaking from my own experience

Who did you cheat on? *****.
It was a long time ago. I also was cheated on. I've never been cheated on by a man that's what I mean by my only experience is with women cheating.

Oh no i didnt mean that. men/women cheat equally on average. women are more likely to cheat if theyre attractive is my theory. simply because they have SO many options and endless temptations.I'm guessing the difference isnt too big however an attractive woman who cheats will probably go crazy with it whereas an average chick not as much.

For men it's irrelevant since everyone knows how common it is for married men to see prostitutes etc.

Oh no i didnt mean that. men/women cheat equally on average. women are more likely to cheat if theyre attractive is my theory. simply because they have SO many options and endless temptations.I'm guessing the difference isnt too big however an attractive woman who cheats will probably go crazy with it whereas an average chick not as much.

For men it's irrelevant since everyone knows how common it is for married men to see prostitutes etc.
ahhh okay I see what you mean, sorry I misinterpreted. Yeah I definitely see your reasoning there.

If my other half joined tinder "just to look" and "be part of the social media frenzy" I would flip the **** out

JS

I have an OK Cupid account, but my wife has the password. I have hers. They stem from a bet that we made (revolving around her naivete regarding guys and online dating), which I won handily btw.

But, yes, it is depressing seeing people you know on these things or the lack of openness/honesty. :(

yikes

Generally speaking: Married women get friendly sooner. They can't waste time with small talk and have to get home.

I have an OK Cupid account, but my wife has the password. I have hers. They stem from a bet that we made (revolving around her naivete regarding guys and online dating), which I won handily btw.

But, yes, it is depressing seeing people you know on these things or the lack of openness/honesty. :(

It's just how it is. I dont necessarily believe that someone stays a cheater forever though. I have seen cases where a guy goes from cheating (on a previous gf) to staying 100% loyal (to a new gf) to the point where he even avoids flirting with others. There are two things that matter:

1) liking the other person a lot and being really attracted to them sexually
2) being emotionally and physically satisfied in the relationship (reasonably)

Hard to predict how it goes long term but you cant really build a super deep bond with someone if you are overly attracted to them initially. That's the only way for things to remain "cool" once aging begins and looks fade.

So given these two things, it is possible for a former cheater to be loyal to someone. Now of course many men/women are completely nuts and would sleep around daily while having 2 bfs at once if they could (and some do). But im talking about some observations I've made.

Roughly 50% of women and a slightly higher percentage of men cheat, and those that do it once are far more likely to be repeat offenders. You just need to find that 50% that isn't down to cheat, which, as I said, isn't all that hard when you know how to select for it.
Where did you get these numbers? I'm only curious, because they're really shocking.

xD :rofl:

Where did you get these numbers? I'm only curious, because they're really shocking.
The numbers seem to be on the low end to me and anyone who's had a very active social life would think that those numbers are on the low end. Thing is the other 50% of people includes asexuals (those who dont care about dating/sex much if at all), those who are very unattractive, disabled people, and other types of people who are less likely to cheat for obvious reasons. So if you look into those who are actively dating a lot, the number will likely be much higher and anyone with some diverse experiences will quickly agree.