Self-guided course on spine imaging?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koolkao

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there good resources (free or paid) that trainees can use to learn spine imaging interpretation?

Members don't see this ad.

Univ of Wash rads site has a lot of education

Are there good resources (free or paid) that trainees can use to learn spine imaging interpretation?

NASS course is EXCELLENT. i highly recc it. and you do not have to joint NASS to use it.:idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
I want a book that tells me what "T2*Fat-suppressedAxialSpinSTIR" means in the software menu.

Spend $85 and get the best info available. After reading the first few chapters, you will read spines as good as your neuro-rad guys.

http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Spine-Imaging-Donald-Renfrew/dp/0721690718

Renfrew is very good. After this was posted amazon prices shot up and the cheapest copy was over $200. I managed to get a copy from B&N used recently for $13, the steal of the year.

I also recommend the Radiology Clinics of North America volume 50 number 4 July 2012 Spine Imaging edited by Tim Maus.

compare that to your title as a pain physician. many quacks out there dont even bother reading a pain book and call themselves "pain management"...