self study or kaplans??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

candid81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys!!
really need ur valuable suggestions...i passed out bds in 2006 from india...now i want to take nbde part 1..its goin to be my first and only attempt as with changed rules from 2010 retakes will not be allowed....so pls help me as to how shud i prepare so dat i score well...shud i join kaplans in delhi(by the way its not kaplans anymore as it lost its franchise...) or shud i jus prefer self study all by myself....i hav 2005 review book,dent decks 2006-07,released papers....this is the same material as provided by kaplans delhi,,,,
i want to take exam by dec 2009...do u think then i stand a chance for a retake...
how much wud be sufficient for gud preparation....3-4 mon ??
are there sum online tests available....??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey Candid,

I did BDS FROM India too in 2006...and I am going to write the exam in November 2009....I was totally out of touch from my studies....but now I started studying since May.....and I am reading from just my own text books, decks 2006-07 and released papers.....

So I would suggest that you have sufficient time till Dec....if you start studying right now.....you have got 5-6 months.....so do not worry.....and if you have Kaplan from 2005, you are fine......everyone has their own way of studying though but I personally like studying from my text books and then go through decks to get extra knowledge and then check my knowledge from released papers........reading from your books and doing self study gives you more knowledge........

Thats just my suggestion......all the best for your future.........Happy Studying!!!

thanx bdds girl!!
its nice to know dat i hav sum body who is in same situattion as mine....i hav startedwith anatomy decks...findin really difficult to start studyin all over again....but i guess it has to be done...
can u help me with one question...its d review book..did u do d review book as well wen u were doin ur text books...u did all the topics from text books? or u did review book as well alon with it?...
...and if u dont mind can we be study partners ??...
i think it will keep us motivated to study and we can discuss also if we need to.....
since we both aim for nov dec,i think we can help each other..
waitin for ur reply....pls do reply..
take care and all the best fr studyin..:)))

hey candid,
count me in too, u are not alone, everybody is fightin in the battle to make their dreams come true. Lets hope for the best n work really hard. Keep the good work going!

thanx bdds girl!!
its nice to know dat i hav sum body who is in same situattion as mine....i hav startedwith anatomy decks...findin really difficult to start studyin all over again....but i guess it has to be done...
can u help me with one question...its d review book..did u do d review book as well wen u were doin ur text books...u did all the topics from text books? or u did review book as well alon with it?...
i think it will keep us motivated to study and we can discuss also if we need to.....

thanx bdds girl!!

Hey Candid81,

I am reading from my text books....all the topics exclusively.....and then when I finish a topic from my text book, then I would learn the decks for that topic.....I cannot read only from the decks......they are too disorganized......

So, yes....we can be study partners.....I am studying Micro right now......hope to finish it by the end of July.....

Take care....and all the best