Selling a Cash Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So contracting means working for somewhere else, like locums, the rest of the time? Why not keep doing the cash practice more days? Or do you get benefits at the contracting job?

There are certainly some benefits to it. It pays well, its laid back, and allows me to focus on my non-medicine ventures where a fair amount of my net worth has come from. In addition, it helps me do CME related activities and add to my skill set.

It should be added that there are certain times of the year which are bad to expand various businesses. I was in the position to expand to 3 days a week early fall last year but I was never a fan of doing so right before the holidays when things do slow down a little.

Come the turn of the year the plan was to go to 3 days a week until I decided to go into a completely different direction.

Also, the income has been steady and growing. Last year I custom ordered a car I've been dreaming of having since I was a kid. Took delivery of a 2015 Ferrari 458 last October and loving it :)

Sometimes I think people in medicine spend so much of their time being skeptical worry warts it prevents them from having more success.

Members don't see this ad.

There are certainly some benefits to it. It pays well, its laid back, and allows me to focus on my non-medicine ventures where a fair amount of my net worth has come from. In addition, it helps me do CME related activities and add to my skill set.

It should be added that there are certain times of the year which are bad to expand various businesses. I was in the position to expand to 3 days a week early fall last year but I was never a fan of doing so right before the holidays when things do slow down a little.

Come the turn of the year the plan was to go to 3 days a week until I decided to go into a completely different direction.

Also, the income has been steady and growing. Last year I custom ordered a car I've been dreaming of having since I was a kid. Took delivery of a 2015 Ferrari 458 last October and loving it :)

Sometimes I think people in medicine spend so much of their time being skeptical worry warts it prevents them from having more success.

Thanks for responding. I do agree with you about the worry warts! I had an OCD program director and I am still trying to UNDO that!