Selling Kaplan MCAT material on eBAY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrapperJohnMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone had their listing removed because Kaplan told ebay to take it down? My just got removed from ebay, and there are dozens of others just like it. Customer service at ebay gave me some bs about kaplan informing them that my material was counterfit and that I have to give kaplan some "viable proof" that my material is real before i can appeal their removal. What gives?

Members don't see this ad.

I sold mine on craigslist with no problem.

I know a friend in a similar situation who ended up making a deal outside of ebay after the auction got yanked by just emailing. It's risky because you don't have the backup of the ebay system if the deal goes sour, but it worked for him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan makes ebay take off all Kaplan materials. I'm surprised they told you it was b/c it could be counterfeit; usually it's b/c it's copyrighted material that for some reason you don't have the right to sell, even though you own it. Ppl do sell PDF copies of the Kaplan materials, however.

Anyway, I think that ebay takes off all the Kaplan auctions on Monday mornings, so just repost your listing and make sure the auction ends before next Monday OR don't put "Kaplan" in the title, just list them as study materials for whatever test and then show in the picture that they are Kaplan books.

Did you include notes from the class or anything like that? Reselling just the books is not illegal and they can't yank your auction for that.

Including notes from the class or something IS against their copyright.

I posted my TPR stuff on ebay shortly after taking the class, and unfortunately they pulled mine too. But it came down to it was because I was including the notes from the class.

If you just sell the books you should be fine. Or like someone else said - don't list it as Kaplan books.

I ended up selling mine to a buyer from ebay but separate from them. Unfortunately I WAYYY undersold it, but oh well.