Sending PCAT scores to PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AngelaCL

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did something kind of stupid and didn't send my August scores to PharmCAS. I sent to 4 schools instead (I didn't understand that I should send to PharmCAS). I see on the Harcourt webpage that "When you select a score recipient school that is a member of PharmCAS, the scores will be sent electronically to PharmCAS. These scores may or may not also be sent on paper transcripts, depending on the indicated preferences of the recipient schools, at no additional charge to you." Do I also need to send my score to PharmCAS, or does it have it already? I want to take care of this as soon as I can, and since I did well on my composite in August (retaking it this month though for my chem score) I'd like to send that score.

Members don't see this ad.

From what you posted it sounds like the scores would be directly sent to PharmCAS. I would call Harcourt though to make sure. I'm a little paranoid about important stuff.

Oh wait...I think if you look under "Official Tests" on the Status section of the PharmCAS application (it's on the right side), it should say PCAT and the date you took it. I think that means PharmCAS got it.

I had added PharmCAS to my schools list, and they have still not shown up from Augest? I didn't do to well on the test anyways, so what should I do. Press on and try to get them posted, and get my application in now, or wait til after Oct. scores are back (which I expect to do alot better on) and submit my application then.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to pick pharmCAS as one of your score recipients WHEN YOU SIGN UP AND PAY FOR PCAT.

If you did not do this, then pharmcas will NOT receive your score. You will need to contact harcourt and, for an additional $ charge, you can still add pharmcas as a recipient for your AUGUST pcat score.

I had added PharmCAS to my schools list, and they have still not shown up from Augest? I didn't do to well on the test anyways, so what should I do. Press on and try to get them posted, and get my application in now, or wait til after Oct. scores are back (which I expect to do alot better on) and submit my application then.

I may be wrong, but I think that you have to pay for your pharmcas app BEFORE they add your pcat score. I submitted my pharmcas app last week and august pcat still not posted. If it's not posted by tomorrow morning, I'm sending both pharmcas and harcourt emails.

I called Harcourt, and they told me that if I'm only applying to schools that I already have listed on my PCAT, I don't need to worry about adding PharmCAS. However, I'm paranoid and I'd rather pay the 20 bucks to add my score. They said I'll have to wait until after I take the test Saturday.

i made the same mistake as you did, and i was told to wait until my test on saturday. You can do it now it doesn't matter, i already did..all you have to do is go to request transcripts on the pcat application site and choose pharmcas as one of your schools. then they will ask you whether you want to send a score for an upcoming test or a test that you took previously.

-andrew

I called Harcourt, and they told me that if I'm only applying to schools that I already have listed on my PCAT, I don't need to worry about adding PharmCAS. However, I'm paranoid and I'd rather pay the 20 bucks to add my score. They said I'll have to wait until after I take the test Saturday.

That's a good strategy as you may want to apply to additional schools at the last minute.

I ended up paying 20 dollars to send my August score. I got 95 composite so I'm just sending the August one. My chem score stank (69) so I have to retake the test for Butler University, but I'm sending my October score to that school so I see no need to send it to PharmCAS as well.