Sending schools updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeman25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my top choice is NSU-COM and unfortunately I haven't received an ii here yet. Is it too early to send updates?

Members don't see this ad.

I saw on past threads to send if schools request updates I do wish you the best and maybe others can give some advice

Reactions: 1 user
I saw on past threads to send if schools request updates I do wish you the best and maybe others can give some advice
I saw the PCOM is now only accepting updated transcripts and MCAT scores, so no updates of any other kind this year. Last year they took anything and everything. I guess it just became too much with so many applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw the PCOM is now only accepting updated transcripts and MCAT scores, so no updates of any other kind this year. Last year they took anything and everything. I guess it just became too much with so many applicants.
I have noticed some schools only wanting transcripts and mcat myself I would check with each school and see if they welcome updates

Unless you're specifically told you're on a hold, you're still under review. Give the process time. They're evaluating and comparing thousands of applicants. Everyone won't be reviewed in the first couple weeks. The application cycle runs well into the next year. Student are accepted off the waitlist the week classes start at times.

Update them when you actually have a substantial update. Not, "So I know I said I had 200 volunteer hours at X hospital. Well it's been a month since my secondary and I'd like you to know I'm now at 250!"

Come on. That just sounds obsessive.

Unless you've had some extremely profound experience in the last month, just wait. Patience is a virtue.

Update. Finally got an interview lol. Had decided not to update them so I guess patience IS a virtue.

Update. Finally got an interview lol. Had decided not to update them so I guess patience IS a virtue.
good because an update in august is a little neurotic lol (unless it was major... publication, founding a non-profit, etc)