Sending Transcripts and GRE scores prior to clicking submit on application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darsha5000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I did a search for my question and couldn't find an answer. Heres my question: Is it okay to send GRE scores and Transcripts to schools prior to finishing your application in its entirety. That is, prior to clicking the final submit button.

Or do I need to have my applications all the way done before having GRE and transcripts sent?

I ask because I haven't finished all of my personal statements. I'd like to send in all my scores and such before I dive into writing.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it is good to send test scores and transcript before submitting because it takes some days or a week for everything to process through so you should be fine.
But I think having the personal statement while submitting is important.

Hi everyone,

I did a search for my question and couldn't find an answer. Heres my question: Is it okay to send GRE scores and Transcripts to schools prior to finishing your application in its entirety. That is, prior to clicking the final submit button.

Or do I need to have my applications all the way done before having GRE and transcripts sent?

I ask because I haven't finished all of my personal statements. I'd like to send in all my scores and such before I dive into writing.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Yes, this is common.

Yes, yes, yes!! It takes longer for your scores to reach the school AND for them to match them up. Send as early as possible (within reason, of course)! I called several schools & all said this was acceptable and suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile