Sending transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyfeet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

As far as transcripts go:

I am not in the same city as my primary university currently. Do I mail the transcript form to the transcript office at my university? Do I have to mail in the transcript form?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all:

As far as transcripts go:

I am not in the same city as my primary university currently. Do I mail the transcript form to the transcript office at my university? Do I have to mail in the transcript form?

Usually you go to your University's website and order an official transcript online, then put in the OptomCAS address.

I know but then how do I include the transcript form?

Members don't see this ad :)
i just did this yesterday, you go to your schools website, they should have a form you fill out that says you want to include an attachment, you fax your university's registrar that form plus the attachment and you should be good.

To make sure your official transcript is handled properly by OptomCAS, you should print the OptomCAS Official Transcript Request Form by clicking the orange button next to the school name in your Colleges and Universities Attended page (you must enter your institution information before you will be able to print a transcript request form). You must give this document to your registrar's office to include with your transcript when it is mailed to OptomCAS. At the same time, you should request an unofficial student copy for yourself to help you complete the online application.

https://portal.optomcas.org/applicants2011/faq/transcripts.shtml#one

Hope this helps

You need to fax or drop off the Optomcas Transcript Request form to the admissions/registrar's office of your institution and give them explicit instructions that they need include this form inside the envelope with your official transcript. This form is not required but optomcas says its recommended because it will help process your transcript faster.

I'm not sure if something is new this cycle but when I applied there was no form. you just mail your transcript to OptomCAS

I'm not sure if something is new this cycle but when I applied there was no form. you just mail your transcript to OptomCAS

There was a form last year too. You have to have it included because it has a bar code that allows OptomCAS to connect it to your file.

I spoke with optomcas today. They said its recommended but not required. They said if you don't post the barcode on there they'll have to manually search your name so it'll take 2-3 extra business days to verify transcripts.

I spoke with optomcas today. They said its recommended but not required. They said if you don't post the barcode on there they'll have to manually search your name so it'll take 2-3 extra business days to verify transcripts.

Ya I didn't even know there was a form and they got my transcripts fine lol.

Hi guys what happens if you send your final transcript when optomcas closes its term? I need to get the transcript to my school. Would o need to send it to them directly??? Please help!!!