Senior Project: Film about Family Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,
I spent the later part of fourth year working on a mini-documentary directed toward med students considering a career in family medicine. I tried to get it to address some of the questions that I had as I was contemplating the field, as well as reflect the excitement that I feel for the specialty now that I'm headed to residency. I wasn't sure where to post this (please let me know if it needs to be moved to somewhere else), but I hope that it can be of use to anybody working with medical students or anybody wanting to know more about the specialty. Hope you enjoy!
Here's the link:
-Benjamin

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Very well done Benjamin!
You should submit this to the AAFP Assembly for PR and resident recruitment.
I especially like what is said at 6:00 about treating populations, not disease states. I particularly enjoy geriatrics and plan to focus my career there. I am very much a Medicine doctor and multisystem disease is where it's at for me, but so is psychiatry and integrative medicine and prevention. We can do all of these things with our FM training. Personally I don't enjoy obstetrics and delivery AT ALL and will NEVER (intentionally) do it after residency lol but I do see the value in being broadly trained and ready for anything that walks in the door of my clinic or ED, and that's part of why I chose FM over IM or Med-Peds.