Senioritis, a gap year, and an MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prairiepalmeri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm graduating this spring and am taking a gap year because I didn't become a biology major until my sophomore year. I've had all A's and A-'s until last semester when OChem pulled a quick one on me and I ended up with a dreaded C (I've still managed to avoid a B though, right?). Right now I'm taking Genetics, Ochem 2, Physics 2, biochem and my senior thesis. Without derailing, I hope I'll pull a mixture of A's and A-'s this semester and graduate with a cGPA of 3.85 and a sGPA of 3.80.

In other news, I've done a bit of volunteering, 2 years as an RA, some volunteering at our local hospital, and participated in a SURF program last summer. I was in a clinical research lab so I got to do a lot of shadowing with two MD's, residents, a fellow, a PA and a nurse.

I applied for the NIH Postbac program and I don't think I got a position. I'm planning on taking the July MCAT and am currently looking for non science related jobs. What suggestions and recommendations do you guys have in order for me to have a successful upcoming cycle. Also, what are valuable experiences that I can have this year in order to show my commitment during interviews. Any application suggestions would be appreciated. (I'm kinda worried about this new MCAT....no psychology/sociology course ever taken)...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Senioritis, gap year, mcat.

Eff one, kill one, marry one. Go!

Haha! Well I guess I should be okay seeming as how no one said that I'm totally screwed, right?