September 1st MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedgirl27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished taking the MCAT- I need a support group lol

Thoughts on today's exam? Advice for others?

I will be counting down the days until October 4th

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

I found todays exam so hard :eek: definitely wasnt ready for that (for reference I had the exam with the yosemite/architecture passage for CARS). All the sections I found to be quite a bit harder than what I expected based on the scored. lol I literally knew every term from the Khan Academy P/S notes from reddit and there were at least 5 terms on the exam I've never heard of. Plus B/B had a lot of random molecular bio stuff that I never learned in any classes and seemed a little more specific than what I was expecting. CARS I found to be the hardest though... I just couldnt find the right answer for so many of the questions.

I found todays exam so hard :eek: definitely wasnt ready for that (for reference I had the exam with the yosemite/architecture passage for CARS). All the sections I found to be quite a bit harder than what I expected based on the scored. lol I literally knew every term from the Khan Academy P/S notes from reddit and there were at least 5 terms on the exam I've never heard of. Plus B/B had a lot of random molecular bio stuff that I never learned in any classes and seemed a little more specific than what I was expecting. CARS I found to be the hardest though... I just couldnt find the right answer for so many of the questions.

I remember that lol! I think we all get the same exam ? I thought the exam was difficult- I was really surprised by the difficulty of CARS!! I was so upset. The C/P was really ochem heavy IMO. Also, I wish I would have known about that Reddit list haha

I remember that lol! I think we all get the same exam ? I thought the exam was difficult- I was really surprised by the difficulty of CARS!! I was so upset. The C/P was really ochem heavy IMO. Also, I wish I would have known about that Reddit list haha

Yea, I thought I had every term down but nope! Ochem is a strong point for me and I thought it was hard aha got lost on the racemic mix passage. But there was at least 2 exams cause apparently the other one was easier in some respects (just going off of what other people on the reddit forum are saying).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I thought I had every term down but nope! Ochem is a strong point for me and I thought it was hard aha got lost on the racemic mix passage. But there was at least 2 exams cause apparently the other one was easier in some respects (just going off of what other people on the reddit forum are saying).

Yea that passage killed me . I didn't know that!! I thought all of the tests were the same. Interesting

I actually found yesterdays exam fairly easy, except for CARS which is probably going to be the reason I retake.

Except that one C/P passage with the bubble and the laser with the force vectors.. Wtf

Reactions: 1 users
I actually found yesterdays exam fairly easy, except for CARS which is probably going to be the reason I retake.

Except that one C/P passage with the bubble and the laser with the force vectors.. Wtf
We might've got the same exam. I remember that CP passage

I remember that one too! Did anyone else feel like the B/B section was less experimental analysis and more free-standing questions??? I felt it was on the easier side but that's probably a bad thing in my opinion. Usually when it feels easy, I do worse.

I remember that one too! Did anyone else feel like the B/B section was less experimental analysis and more free-standing questions??? I felt it was on the easier side but that's probably a bad thing in my opinion. Usually when it feels easy, I do worse.
C/P I thought aligned well with the scored & unscored exam. I think there was that one laser problem that tripped me up. I think I had more Ochem here and a sprinkle of physics and a ton of genchem mixed with physics equation problems. KNOW YOUR LAB TECHNIQUES AND KNOW HOW TO READ THE GRAPHS.

CARS I think this was on the easier side compared with the section banks.

B/B Don't really know what to think. I think at this point of the exam, I kept telling myself there was one last section. I marked A LOT of questions, but I think I was just anxious and wanted to double check everything. I had more bio than biochem, which I didn't appreciate.

P/S I think there was only 1 question that I absolutely had never heard of before. (Discrete) and the others were on par with what I reviewed. Changed a lot of answers at the end, but this was I think alright.

Tips for future takers:
Do the section banks first time untimed, second time timed (preferably at least 2wks apart). Mark all the incorrect ones and days before your test, just go through them real quick. I could've swore I saw some similar question types on my B/B section.

Take unscored, scored exam. I think NS was FL was great. FL 6+ gets a little too complicated.

I'm a big fan of the highlighter, so one thing I didn't know was if you highlight backwards, it doesn't highlight the last word. (That's just me being OCD...). Our TC was hot af, and the proctors were loud, which was super distracting. The earphone things they provide gave me a huge headache because of their tightness. So just beware of temp, loudness, and other things that might distract you.

Reactions: 1 user

I'm scared because it seemed too easy. So the curve might be harder and I usually do worse on simpler free standing questions as well lol

I thought c/p and cars were hard, and that b/b and most of p/s was "easier". Usually when I think I do well, I do terrible. Did ns 1-10 and averaged a 499 - 500. Aiming for a 500 on this thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man there's 2 questions on C/P that are eating at me, and it's the only thing keeping me from being depressed from my potential CARS ****show.

Does anyone remember what Geometry they put for the molecule going from outside to inside (oxygen replacing Chlorine). I'm being very vague on purpose but I need to know this answer.

Also.... F(lat), Fz on bubble to compensate... Anyone remember that?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Had to call today to confirm I actually scored my exam because I don't remember if voided or scored.

Hahaha that is funny ! I didn't know you can check on that. I'm glad to hear you didn't take the test for no reason lol

I'm stressing the f out guys. Reddit is all saying our exam was easy and the curve is gonna be high. I just want my score.

Reactions: 1 user
remember that some questions are experimental. I kept telling myself that maybe I would get lucky and those would have been the ones that I wasn't sure about heh

Thank god there are only 30 days in September.... 5 more days !

We got this. We'll all be laughing at this thread when we're taking our USMLE/COMLEX.