September 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAF16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Registration for the September MCAT opens up soon, so I thought I would make the thread.
Who else will be taking the test in September?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think I've ever been more superstitious in my life

October 13... Unlucky number 13. I did not take the test on 9/11. Taking the test on such an infamous anniversary AND receiving my scores on the 13th day of the month that has Halloween seemed to be asking for trouble. It's like walking underneath 13 ladders, saying "Candy man" 3x while looking in a mirror (and then shattering it), and stepping on every single crack on the way to the testing center.

EDIT: I also joined SDN on the 9th anniversary of 6/6/06. The number 9 corresponds to the number of circles of Hell in Dante's Inferno. Too spooky.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Yeah I noticed that I'll be close to 123/124 rather than 125. I think I found C/P on the real thing a little easier (or it could be mind games). Either way, I'm going to take the predictors with a grain of salt. I'm ready for a 123 as long as I do 507+ overall. It'll probably be a seriously unbalanced score haha.

Did anyone feel worse as time went by after Test Day? Like I'm seriously beginning to doubt myself and I'm not sure if it's me being realistic or anxious. I feel like I'm coming back down to earth or something after feeling that the exam was doable (not easy). Please tell me I'm not alone! :wideyed:
Absolutely yes. I felt like I destroyed CARS and Bio, and did fine on P/C and P/S when I walked out of there. Now I'm just praying for a 508 or better :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A little over a day left! I'm so nervous, but I cant wait to finally get to know my scores D:

There was one instance on September 8th score release that the scores were released prior to 12pm EST although I found out on SDN network since AAMC_MCAT twitter took quite awhile to say ALL scores are posted. My friend got his score around 11:30am.

But I know the general norm is that they post scores prior to 3:30pm. Usually 3:00-3:20 pm. If you want to play it safe, if you check it at 5PM tomorrow it should definitely be up by then.

From what I recall, Scribe America is a 1 or 2 year contract, no?

I think it can be either. I know someone who did it during their gap year while attending interviews etc. I'm pretty sure he had a 1 year contract with them. He still had a few weeks off I believe before he matriculated into a state MD this year.

Where are you guys going to be when checking your scores? I don't wanna open my score in the library with all my friends hanging around. Maybe in the washroom? I don't know lol I just don't want to see anyone tomorrow..... there is a bar on campus but going there alone is kind of awkward lol

Where are you guys going to be when checking your scores? I don't wanna open my score in the library with all my friends hanging around. Maybe in the washroom? I don't know lol I just don't want to see anyone tomorrow..... there is a bar on campus but going there alone is kind of awkward lol

Lucky... Anyway, just open it up around your friends. At least you can do a little showboating and have a few laughs if you did well, which I am pretty sure you did. As for me, I am staying home all day tomorrow waiting for the scores to come up. If I am in a celebratory mood, I might go hang out with some friends.

In the privacy of my bedroom.

Definitely away from my friends... I'll be cramming for a midterm all afternoon/evening so I'll likely be at the library even though I'd rather be hidden away in my room haha.

Probably after work. I don't even want to look... they could be out now and I wouldn't want to look.

I really don't want to check my score tomorrow. I wish my dog could check it for me because I'm pretty sure he's the only one that understands everything about it.

Reactions: 5 users

Under my bed wrapped in a comforter and then, after I've confirmed my great score, I'll blitz from under there, burn my mcat notes, sell my books, go for a 3-hr run in order to tame my excitement and fall asleep for 12 well-deserved hours.

Reactions: 3 users
Under my bed wrapped in a comforter and then, after I've confirmed my great score, I'll blitz from under there, burn my mcat notes, sell my books, go for a 3-hr run in order to tame my excitement and fall asleep for 12 well-deserved hours.
This has been my DREAM for almost 2 years

Reactions: 2 users

lol it'll be during a class of mine where we will also be getting our exam grades for the first midterm. I also have an exam in the morning and an intramural football game at night. I can potentially take 4 L's all in one day xD. But yeah, I'll probably be checking from my phone which scares me because something about a little screen seems to give me little hope.

lol it'll be during a class of mine where we will also be getting our exam grades for the first midterm. I also have an exam in the morning and an intramural football game at night. I can potentially take 4 L's all in one day xD. But yeah, I'll probably be checking from my phone which scares me because something about a little screen seems to give me little hope.
bring your computer to class lol

I'm planning on just opening it up in the back of the class I'm in. Whatever happens happens. Going to mentally brace myself for the worst before entering the classroom.

Have to wait until the 27 yet so nervous for you all! I literally go intern for a doctor's office for half a day then lock myself in my room and do nothing. Think about what to do next or back up plan.

Reactions: 2 users
So I just worked out my predicted score and it says 510 according to @yuz13001 . My target score from Princeton Review course was 511 so i will def be okay with 510. :)

I'm gone miss coming here..... tho

I'm having my mom check my score. I can't get myself to do it. I'm lowering my expectations since I'm afraid all the predictors are inflated.

I'm trying to find an argument against inflation but I can't. I need something to reassure me. Guess I'll find out in ~16 hours :(

Somebody help me PLEASE!
When listing AP/IB credits earned for the ACCOMAS application, do you put them as high school semesters that they were earned in or are they all grouped into the 1st Freshman semester of college like AMCAS??? I looked everywhere to find out! :help:

Somebody help me PLEASE!
When listing AP/IB credits earned for the ACCOMAS application, do you put them as high school semesters that they were earned in or are they all grouped into the 1st Freshman semester of college like AMCAS??? I looked everywhere to find out! :help:

Check out Pre-Med Osteopathic Forums and ask there.

for those of you not in school, what have you been doing since MCAT?
Enjoyed having a life. It felt great to spend time with family and friends. I also prepared my apps just in case a miracle happens and I get my predicted score. Anything I do next really depends on my score tomorrow :unsure:

Reactions: 3 users
Enjoyed having a life. It felt great to spend time with family and friends. I also prepared my apps just in case a miracle happens and I get my predicted score. Anything I do next really depends on my score tomorrow :unsure:

True for me as well. Literally everything I'd have to do next depends on my score tomorrow, everything.