september 6 2014 mcat, where do i stand

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So its pretty much coming to that home stretch and everything that could've been done has been done, now im just reviewing certain topics that I feel might need some improvements and doing some verbal and science practice passages. I would like a critique of where I stand with respect to the mcat. This is my second time taking it and I tried to rectify all the mistakes I made the first time but If I'm not ready I don't want to take it again hoping I'll get a good score like last time and then getting a bad score. Here are aamc practice test results, these are in order of how I took them.

aamc 6-12,9,11= 32
aamc 7-13,8,11= 32
aamc 10-10,6,10= 26, don't know what happened here.
aamc 11- 12,8,13= 33
aamc 8- 13,10,11= 34
aamc 9- 13,9,10= 32 (1 question away from a 14 and 10 in P.S. and V.B.)

Where do you guys think I stand for this upcoming mcat date?

Members don't see this ad.

So its pretty much coming to that home stretch and everything that could've been done has been done, now im just reviewing certain topics that I feel might need some improvements and doing some verbal and science practice passages. I would like a critique of where I stand with respect to the mcat. This is my second time taking it and I tried to rectify all the mistakes I made the first time but If I'm not ready I don't want to take it again hoping I'll get a good score like last time and then getting a bad score. Here are aamc practice test results, these are in order of how I took them.

aamc 6-12,9,11= 32
aamc 7-13,8,11= 32
aamc 10-10,6,10= 26, don't know what happened here.
aamc 11- 12,8,13= 33
aamc 8- 13,10,11= 34
aamc 9- 13,9,10= 32 (1 question away from a 14 and 10 in P.S. and V.B.)

Where do you guys think I stand for this upcoming mcat date?

looks fine. only thing that bothers me is that aamc 10 verbal but it could be a fluke.

looks fine. only thing that bothers me is that aamc 10 verbal but it could be a fluke.

yea, that was the reason why I was asking. That aamc is the only thing that kind of doesn't make me feel confident. When I went over it I noticed I made a couple of stupid mistakes in the P.S. and B.S., like blatant stupid mistakes. As for the verbal, after over 2 months of practice verbal finally started coming to me and I finally started to understand what I was reading, I am trying now to just continue with verbal practice because it seems as though it is getting better little by little.

Members don't see this ad :)
for what it's worth, i normally averaged like 12-13 on AAMC verbals, with the random 11 and 14... and I got a 8 on AAMC Verbal 10. I was also exhausted for that exam and kind of wasted it as a practice without taking it seriously, but i def took a dip.

Yep I averaged 11 on VB and went down to a 9 on AAMC 10...I honestly think it's because I started school and have been getting pretty burnt out. Hopefully aamc 11 goes back up.

I just dropped 6 points from my average on AAMC 10...so it may not just be you
for what it's worth, i normally averaged like 12-13 on AAMC verbals, with the random 11 and 14... and I got a 8 on AAMC Verbal 10. I was also exhausted for that exam and kind of wasted it as a practice without taking it seriously, but i def took a dip.
Glad to know its not just me, hoping its just the test or maybe just a 1 time fluke type deal.

Yep I averaged 11 on VB and went down to a 9 on AAMC 10...I honestly think it's because I started school and have been getting pretty burnt out. Hopefully aamc 11 goes back up.
Yea I just started school last week and Iv also been feeling pretty burnt out recently but I have my schedule set up that I will have minimal to no studying the last 3 days, maybe just very light review and a verbal passage or two each day.