September Interviewers, How Many Schools Have You Been Accepted To At This Point

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCNative

Staten Island Dump
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this thread can be the conclusion of this previous one (Chances of Admission with a September Interview http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=1037342).

We all know each school's interview to acceptance rate from USNWR, but that figure includes so many Spring interviews that are probably for waitlist spots. This thread is the first of its kind, and I hope it will give future fall interview gunners a more realistic idea of where they stand.

So, September interviewers, how many schools where you interviewed in September (and what the heck, and the first week of October, but not after) have you been accepted or waitlisted to?

Maybe you can just weigh in with the following format:

September interviews/acceptances/waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
6/2/0 - the other 4 I'm still waiting to hear back from post-interview, so it'll be awhile.

13/5/2

Attended 11 interviews, did not attend the last 2.

Last edited:
4/2/1

(still waiting to hear from one)

Members don't see this ad :)
9/2/0

Most of my schools don't notify until later. Crossing my fingers

1/0/0
Attended one interview so far. .... The rest of these posts in here make me depressed.

3 September interviews/1 acceptance/1 wait list/1 rejection

I hope this thread can be the conclusion of this previous one (Chances of Admission with a September Interview http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=1037342).

We all know each school's interview to acceptance rate from USNWR, but that figure includes so many Spring interviews that are probably for waitlist spots. This thread is the first of its kind, and I hope it will give future fall interview gunners a more realistic idea of where they stand.

So, September interviewers, how many schools where you interviewed in September (and what the heck, the first week of October, but not after) have you been accepted or waitlisted to?

interviews/acceptances/waitlist

4/2/1

Haven't heard from one which is rolling.
Don't expect to find any relavating patterns ;)

So, September interviewers, how many schools where you interviewed in September (and what the heck, the first week of October, but not after) have you been accepted or waitlisted to?

interviews/acceptances/waitlist

There were August interviews, ya know.

Im happy for many of u, but can't help be depressed at all this interview activity. What the hell is taking schools so long to respond for some but quickly for others. 1/0/0.

2/0/2......

does this mean my interview skills are bad? ):

So, September interviewers, how many schools where you interviewed in September (and what the heck, and the first week of October, but not after) have you been accepted or waitlisted to?

September interviews/acceptances/waitlist

If you include late August interviews,

7/5/1 with Cincinnati taking their sweet time.

4/0/0. Schools are taking their sweet time.

3/2/0

The last one doesn't notify until next year.

5/2/0

Still waiting to hear back from the other three.

7/1/0

However a bunch were actually in August, and I'm a Texas resident and 5 are IS interviews and the school I heard from was an OOS one for me. I won't hear anything back from the TX schools until Nov 15th at the earliest.

Congrats everyone on their acceptances, I hope I have the same good fortune as you folks when my time comes :)

2/0/2......

does this mean my interview skills are bad? ):

Not at all.

I recently got rejected at a school where the interviewer literally told he liked me and was going to vouch for me and worked with me on good things he can say about me. Interview can break you if you are super awkward/arrogant/other negative adjectives but I don't believe anymore that an interview can actually necessarily get someone an acceptance.