Seriously, don't do what I did with the Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ubertax

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had my original ATT the day I graduated from school, held off on scheduling the test, studied, lightly in June, studied seriously (RX Prep book/Quiz Bank) in July and August with my test date for the end of August. My nerves got the best of me and I rescheduled the test for two weeks later into September. Again nerves got the best of me since I didn't get through the entire quiz bank and I thought "how can I pass if I didn't even finish all of them", and I rescheduled for the beginning of October.

The beginning of October comes around and I realize I haven't practiced calculations in awhile, I freak out move the test date for till the end of October....etc..after months of anxiety I scheduled my exam for the end of November. I didn't even study in November I was just so fed up with myself delaying. I did review the 70% of the SDN calculations the night before, and HIV a few hours before the exam. I passed with a 117. (I had passed in October the PA MPJE with an 88 after 3 days of studying using the Rxexam quizzes for federal and state).

My best advice is don't freak out, you are more prepared than you realize, the test isn't as terrible as you think it is. And if you reach some stuff on the exam you don't know just roll with it and regain your composure. Most importantly unless you have a severe accident or something terrible happens, don't reschedule your test. Just take it, seriously, the lost income is weighing heavily over my head (I had a job lined up for right when I was licensed). Now finally instead of doing all the Charlie work I get to be a pharmacist.

For the curious my exam was all over the place, a potpourri of random stuff like Onc, HIV, Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell, and Sepsis. Very few select all that apply.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Most people can take and pass the NAPLEX without studying. I know plenty who did not study (or did minimal studying) and passed with flying colors. If 99-100% of your class passes the NAPLEX, should you really study for months? You just need minimal, basic knowledge. On my exam, the 120 SDN questions were WAY overkill.

So I had my original ATT the day I graduated from school, held off on scheduling the test, studied, lightly in June, studied seriously (RX Prep book/Quiz Bank) in July and August with my test date for the end of August. My nerves got the best of me and I rescheduled the test for two weeks later into September. Again nerves got the best of me since I didn't get through the entire quiz bank and I thought "how can I pass if I didn't even finish all of them", and I rescheduled for the beginning of October.

The beginning of October comes around and I realize I haven't practiced calculations in awhile, I freak out move the test date for till the end of October....etc..after months of anxiety I scheduled my exam for the end of November. I didn't even study in November I was just so fed up with myself delaying. I did review the 70% of the SDN calculations the night before, and HIV a few hours before the exam. I passed with a 117. (I had passed in October the PA MPJE with an 88 after 3 days of studying using the Rxexam quizzes for federal and state).

My best advice is don't freak out, you are more prepared than you realize, the test isn't as terrible as you think it is. And if you reach some stuff on the exam you don't know just roll with it and regain your composure. Most importantly unless you have a severe accident or something terrible happens, don't reschedule your test. Just take it, seriously, the lost income is weighing heavily over my head (I had a job lined up for right when I was licensed). Now finally instead of doing all the Charlie work I get to be a pharmacist.

For the curious my exam was all over the place, a potpourri of random stuff like Onc, HIV, Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell, and Sepsis. Very few select all that apply.
Hi
I want take my NAPLEX in July 2015, I'm not sure what books to use for the exam, any suggestions please?? Do you have the books to sell???
Here is my e mail: [email protected]

Thanks
Hassan