Seriously, I need some advice with secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshopeful

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my situation:
I'm submitting my application on Monday. 2 and a half weeks after that, I will be leaving the country to do some traveling and will be gone for 7 weeks.

So my question is, how soon will schools send out their secondary applications? I know half of the schools I'm applying to, I can send out a check and photos right away. But the other half require another application to fill out. Now, of those schools, I know some of them say they're not due til December or January. But still, it's probably better to send them in ASAP. How much will it affect my application if it takes me say a month to return it to them? Did they already look at my application before sending out that secondary application?

And there's no way that anyone can forward my mail to where I'm at (yay for communism). If it's just money, I can probably have my sister pay for me. I really don't want to, or shouldn't, cancel my trip altogether since I'm traveling with a friend. But I'm thinking I can shorten my trip to about 4weeks if I need to since, of course, school is more important.

What do you guys think, am I stressing out about nothing?

Members don't see this ad.

Check with the schools you are applying to. Some want the secondary right when you submit AADSAS and some tell you to wait until they contact you. For the ones that contact you, sometimes they will e-mail it to you or have you do it online and submit your secondary fee either electonically or in snail mail. I only had one school where the secondary was mailed to me in hard copy and needed to be snailed back in hardcopy with a secondary fee.

Here's the link for school info from AADSAS.

https://aadsas.adea.org/aadsas2008/supplemental/ins_designations_supp.htm

thanks I have that but I was worried about half of the schools that might be sending anything to me while I was gone.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks I have that but I was worried about half of the schools that might be sending anything to me while I was gone.

Just keep in communication with whoever is at home. If you have a scanner (or at least access to one), your sister can send you stuff via e-mail. You could probably get a scanner at a Kinkos type place or a library. Have fun on your trip :luck:

For me, it took the schools a few weeks to get my app. I submitted my AADSAS on May 25th, it was sent out June 18th, and I was getting aknowledgments of applications being received at around the end of June/early July. And I believe right now AADSAS is going to be pretty crazy because everyone is submitting right now, so it might take longer for schools to get your app. So I wouldn't worry about the secondaries until after you come back from your trip. Just send out whatever is needed now. You'll be fine. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks all, it's very comforting to know I can still go and enjoy my trip.